UVs dissapeared

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
UVs dissapeared

Hey guys, i downloaded a couple of models and after moving all the uvs into a single one (merging all the elements of the model and avoid having lots of shaders per model) i tryed moving a uv point and suddenly they dissapeared. I even pressed "a" in case they were moved somewhere else in the uv mapp window but nothing, they are gone. I reload the scene, merged the elements again and bamf, the UVs were gone again.
Finally, i gave up and left the model with all itīs separated UVs and all itīs shaders but then i imported the model into a scene and the UVs were gone again! The problm seems to be with certain models, since the others donīt seem to have any issues. Any ideas?

Old 03 March 2013   #2
try checking for multiple uv sets?

Old 03 March 2013   #3
And they are back! Thanks, although now i need to asign the texture to that UV set. I tryed checking it in the texture editor but it still goes to the dissapeared UV set.
When i open the UV set tag, there are two sets. Map1, where there is no UV but the texture is asigned, and UVchannel_1, where the UVs are fine but no matter what i do, i canīt assign a texture to it.
How do i set UVchannel_1 as my UV set and assign it a texture?
EDIT: Done! I just open the UVchannel_1 option and there i went to Polygon --> Copy UVs to UV set and selected Map1 and there they were.
Thanks!

Last edited by Varto : 03 March 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread