Coffee table

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Coffee table

So this Coffee table took me three attempts, and about 3 hours to make at 14,680 polygons. There are no image maps, but it wouldn't take me long to make image maps for this model.

I would like to know what others might think of the table, did I just spend an insane amount of time and polygon (thus render time) on a table?

Well, It seems that I must first learn how to post photos here before you can see them. Until then, here is the photo on my facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&size=960%2C768

Last edited by defense2 : 03 March 2013 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Need to learn how to post photos.

03 March 2013
That is defiantly a very high poly count for the model. It would help if you could post a wire frame image to evaluate where you could stand to loose some geometry. Also, what software are you using?

If you are having trouble posting images, they have some threads at the top of the WIP section that give a list of sites you can post images for free and how to attach the image link.

03 March 2013
Looks pretty good so far! Lets see it with some textures! Is it going to be fairly new? or beaten up maybe?

03 March 2013
Thank you for the replies

Thank you for the replies.

I am using lightwave 11.5.

Here is a screen shot of a small section at the top. Each leg is basically made up of the same part, simply with its points pushed, pulled and widened to make a new shape.

I have managed to reduce the whole table polygon count from 14,138 to abound 12,124
Attached Images
File Type: jpg top2.jpg (52.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Coffee table one.jpg (71.0 KB, 9 views)

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread