|03 March 2013||#1|
Washington DC, USA
CGS_CGS DSF 3010 45mn "The End of the Road"
"The End of the Road"
You have 45mn for your your sketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post
* WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
* You may post a drawing at ANY TIME, but if you wish to be eligible for the Sketch of the Week,
it must be finished at least a week after the topic has been posted.
* You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread.
* They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 1024 x 1024.
NOTE: The forum WILL RESIZE your image. but you may post a direct link to a high resolution version of your drawing
|03 March 2013||#4|
Yeah, I was trying to go for more of the purple type angry looking storm clouds. Maybe find a good reference for them next time
How do you do all the textures in yours, with the splotches, scratches and pock marks in the cement?
Looks really nice, the wheels seem extremely detailed!
|03 March 2013||#5|
Illustrator - Graphic Designer
End of the road
Doomtoo, looks like our characters took the same road.
Elmo, you nailed the concept again.
First attempt. Aborted after 20 minutes. At first there was a car, but I really messed up that thing. It felt like it didn't go anywhere. I think the title was creeping up on me.
Second attempt. 45 minutes.
Speedpaint video: click here
Last edited by Stylegraphics : 03 March 2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: I added a link to the speedpaint video of my post
|03 March 2013||#7|
doomtoo - I usually paint in Photoshop and use custom brushes and textures. Some of the scratches I do by hand, some of them I just mark with textured brush.
Stylegraphics - thanks. I really like the way you played with your second sketch. Gives the impression that you keep it loose to the end. I like the angle, makes the sketch look very monumental. Nicely done
Sazem - very good colors. I like that approached this topic from another angle - this is very optymistic and calm, and reminds that when one road ends, another begins. Great job
|03 March 2013||#9|
Thread automatically closed
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|