Softimage 2013 Display Issue

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Softimage 2013 Display Issue

Hi,

I have recently go a new machine running Windows 8 and an Nvidia GTX 670. When I open xsi the viewport is black until I try and navigate, then it refreshes to the normal viewport. I am getting a similar issue when creating new geo, it only appears when I move my camera. Floating windows are also getting the same treatment being completely black until I start to navigate. Even my right-click context menu will not appear until I have moved my cursor.

I am sure it is a simple driver bug but I was wondering if anyone else was getting similar behaviour.

Many thanks

Old 03 March 2013   #2
I have a 680, and have none of those issues, nor have I heard anything similar. I am on win7 though.
What drivers version, and what desktop manager options?

Old 03 March 2013   #3
Hi ThE_JacO,

Thanks for the reply.

I am in WIndows 8 64bit Professional and running version 9.18.13.1407 of the Nvidia driver. I am not running any extra desktop managers. I have a friend at work who is experiencing exactly the same issues and he has the same setup as me. Might be a case of rolling back the drivers I guess.

Cheers!!

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Seems to have been fixed by rolling back to a previous version of the driver. Will have a to be careful when I update I guess.

Old 03 March 2013   #5
I've come to check my win updates for nvidia driver updates and make sure they always get added to the ignore list.
Never let it IMO. Once you find a good driver version, stick with it, and once a month or two check nVIDIA's website for a new one to test, and quickly roll back off at the slightest scent of a glitch. Served me spectacularly well for years.

MS will approve and push through driver versions according to criteria that is unknown to me, but I imagine one of the bullet points being: It's a full moon, and another being: It introduces no less than two annoying glitches and no more than six.

WHQL is based on some log parsing from contrived tests to get a certificate/digital signature from MS.
I doubt for the gaming series any of those include any DCC apps.

Old 03 March 2013   #6
Sounds like good advice. I think I'll stick with this one until I am proven wrong. Thanks for the replies.

Cheers!!

Old 03 March 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread