|03 March 2013||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Package supporting: Nested particle system,looped animated object, particle info anim
1. Nested particle systems. I would like to create an effect of bullets/sparks hitting a model. In order to this, it can be accomplished by creating a sparking emitter that is then used as an object to the emitter that is the model itself to create multiple sparks starting on the model itself. Is this possible to do in any package?
2. Animate the particle object over the course of its lifetime
3. Animate the particle object and loop it over the course of its lifetime
4. Particle info available to the animation object and availability of dynamic modifiers bound to particle info, ie sizing bound to lifetime
5. Particle object trailing
6. Particle object groups/multiple particle objects
7. Support for fire/smoke with multiple overlayed domain objects. In blender, the flow objects are not explicitly bound to a domain object and the properties of the smoke are controlled by a domain object. It has been stated on the Blender forums that commercial packages generally work the same way. However, why not explicitly bind flows to domain and support the ability to properly intersperse different smokes/fires as opposed to being forced to composite complex fires/explosions? The physics of the smoke don't have to interact of course, but their position in 3d space can be displayed properly.
8. Net baking physics
Are all of these features supported by any of the following software:
5. Any other reasonably stable, available and documented software
6. Any third party plugin to any of the above software
To summarize, the features I would like supported in a single package are:
1. Nested particle systems
2. Animated object
3. Looped animated object
4. Particle object trailing
5. Particle object groups/multiple particle objects
6. Particle info available to animation object and availability of dynamic modifiers bound to particle info
7. Overlayed domain objects (of course, optional if there is a theoretical reason why this is not done)
8. Net baking physics
Last edited by imagenesis : 03 March 2013 at 12:35 AM.
|03 March 2013||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|