HMC MINI-Chalange#37:Femme Fatale! Milla Jovovich Raider Reboot.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
HMC MINI-Chalange#37:Femme Fatale! Milla Jovovich Raider Reboot.

Hi guys!
Late to the party but I couldn't resist. Very nice stuff here already.
I want to model Milla and redesign the Tomb Raider outfit. Not too sure which way to go on the hardware. I love the hitech look but also the raggedy Ann feel of Resident Evil Extinction. Anyhow the research:

My first base of the Milla model:

Not the final hair just a fill in to get a bit of a face impression:

Been great watching this comp so far and I look forward to kickass stuff to come.

Cheerio

Last edited by Kanga : 03 March 2013 at 11:59 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Woo Kanga! Good to see you.
That is quite a good start there.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2013   #3
Agreed very nice, where do you find the time, I get half an hour to an hour on each update.

MY HMC

Old 03 March 2013   #4
WyattHarris, hey Wyatt my ol Skyrim racing buddy Thanks man.

Airflow, Thanks! Yeah I am a freelancer and I hope this is also a bit of promotion.

Cheers.

Old 03 March 2013   #5
very good choice. Looking great as well!

Old 03 March 2013   #6
Great choice, I honestly never would have thought of casting her as Lara, but now that you're proposing it, she actually seems like a much better fit that Angelina Jolie, still not ideal but much better.

Nice work so far on the body. A good likeness, albeit stylized, is already there.
On the crit end, I'd probably suggest to pull the iliac crest down a bit. Seems to be riding too high on the waist.

Last edited by Seravi : 03 March 2013 at 10:46 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #7
DDS Thanks man!

Seravi yup the crest is too high. Pulling it down
Thanks! Yes the base is stylized and I am using markers that I think will push the female aspect. The best thing about zbrush is that the model will stay fluid throughout the whole process so the costume and figure base can evolve to take advantage of comments.

Cheers

Last edited by Kanga : 03 March 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #8
Hey Kanga, good start.

Just wondering what material are you using inside zbrush?
How did you make the base mesh for the hair?
was the base mesh created within zbrush?

Old 03 March 2013   #9
gyarados thanks!
The material is the basic 1 standard material. I cant seem to use matcaps for sculpting and I don't know why that is. The base mesh is just some quick zspheres as this is just a standin mesh.

Cheers

Old 03 March 2013   #10
so you render in Arnold?

Old 03 March 2013   #11
Scote no Arnold.

Mostly mentalray but lately more in ZBrush's BPR for hi res sculpts. Just curious why did you think I use the Arnold render?

Old 03 March 2013   #12
Originally Posted by Kanga: gyarados thanks!
The material is the basic 1 standard material. I cant seem to use matcaps for sculpting and I don't know why that is. The base mesh is just some quick zspheres as this is just a standin mesh.

Cheers

You could try matcap grey i usually find it transfers to 3dsmax quite well. You are really good with zspheres especially for the hands and feet I usually mess up badly with zspheres around that area.

Old 03 March 2013   #13
The standard shader is the offical name of the basic material in Arnold. It's like a architectural material

Old 03 March 2013   #14
Originally Posted by gyarados: You could try matcap grey i usually find it transfers to 3dsmax quite well. You are really good with zspheres especially for the hands and feet I usually mess up badly with zspheres around that area.

Ah yeah I will have to learn to tweak those matcaps
The zspheres is just for the base figure. I sculpt it a bit then take the mesh into max and fix it. zspheres are not symetrical so deleting half the mesh, fixing it and then using symmetry gives pretty good results.

Ah so I get it, thanks that was puzzeling

Cheers

Old 03 March 2013   #15
A quick block in of a costume:

Full Size here.

I think the shorts are kind of a trade mark so I used them, no shorts no Lara I guess. She needs to be refined and grunged !

Been watching the other threads and everyone is coming up with great stuff.

Cheerio for now.

Last edited by Kanga : 03 March 2013 at 02:29 PM.

Thread Closed share thread