Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 03-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #1
bdec
portfolio
Bruno de Coninck
Montreal, Canada

Send a message via MSN to bdec
Help with a shoulder rig...

Hi there! It is not the first time I have this problem. I've looked everywhere, but I can't find a good way to correct it. I guest that it is a pretty common problem.

To make it simple, let say I have to make a rig able to do a "Face Palm", but every time I send the elbow down and the hand up, my character get what could be described as a "saussage arm"... o.O It is hard to explain because English isn't my first language, but I did try a lot of different solutions, but, after one day of work, I'm still stick on this same problem...

I send you a pic of the result.

If anyone knows a good free tutorial for shoulder rigging or if anyone have a good solution, it would REALLY help me a lot.

Thanks!

Link to the picture...

Old 03-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #2
gagex2z
PRO
portfolio
gagex2z
Tampa, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdec
Hi there! It is not the first time I have this problem. I've looked everywhere, but I can't find a good way to correct it. I guest that it is a pretty common problem.

To make it simple, let say I have to make a rig able to do a "Face Palm", but every time I send the elbow down and the hand up, my character get what could be described as a "saussage arm"... o.O It is hard to explain because English isn't my first language, but I did try a lot of different solutions, but, after one day of work, I'm still stick on this same problem...

I send you a pic of the result.

If anyone knows a good free tutorial for shoulder rigging or if anyone have a good solution, it would REALLY help me a lot.

Thanks!

Link to the picture...

Honestly, jsut adding in a clavicle bone and a simple FK controller for it will get you where you want to go. There are more advacned things you can do like auto rotating clavicles, and pose space deforming shoulder correctors ect, but for most rigs most people seem to get by with simple FK shoulder controllers. Most only use rotation but I like to leave translation available for me as well.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
bdec
portfolio
Bruno de Coninck
Montreal, Canada

Send a message via MSN to bdec
Well, I do have a clavicle and, I can't use FK beacause I used a stretchy bone plug-in that block this function! :-s

Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Cactus Dan
Of the West

Cactus Dan Libisch
Freelance Character TD
Ferron, USA

Howdy,

Take a look at my solution in this thread:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...t=flip+shoulder

Adios,
Cactus Dan

cactus3d.com, cactus3d-Plugins, CD Character Plugins forum

Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread