Waste site, waste disposal

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Waste site, waste disposal

Here i am working on a new waste disposal,
and i am modeling the entire site with photo refs and google map for the up view.
The render is just the VPR view, and i am using Lwcad and the DP sunky for lightwave 11.
The aim is to do a didactic animation showing the processes and treatments of wasted garbage (sorry it ain't funky stuff )
Currently in progress.
C&C are welcomed.
hope you enjoy

WIP

www.chatbada.fr

02 February 2013
I'm a beginner with 3D modeling myself, so I'm sorry if this critique isn't more helpful. The whole thing looks pretty accurate, but I would pick a different camera angle to render from. There's a lot of empty space, especially near the top and the bottom-right corner. Having a nice and balanced composition definitely helps any kind of image (drawing, photo, 3D render, etc).

Second, I would make the texture for the buildings a bit darker. Right now, everything's too white, and that makes the lighting look a bit two-dimensional. Making the buildings just a little bit darker would give you a lot more variation, as far as value goes. Right now, all of the lit areas of the building are showing up as pure white, and that's robbing the image of variety.

Anyway, that's all I can really point out. Good luck, and good job.

02 February 2013
Thanks for the feedback Kayh,

My lighting is not setted up yet, and it is overbright for the moment.
I have tuned it down a bit.
The image is just a preview from the software as i am setting up the whole site.
I still have a lot to do with the modeling (all the white is not modeled yet)

This shot is the begining of the animation (in-situ) showing the site. The waste is gonna be discontructed to show processes from the arrival of a garbage truck to the incineration process
like this one i did a few years ago http://www.chatbada.fr/index.php/77-veolia-chtp

A few previews

WIP

www.chatbada.fr

03 March 2013
A few details more on the main part

WIP

www.chatbada.fr

03 March 2013
I like it.

I'm curious to know, is this an architectural study or are you doing this as some kind of project for school or work?

Overall it looks very good, and very clean. What it appears to be, if I were unlearned in anything 3d is a photo of an architectural mockup.

Is it your intention to make it more photoreal?

03 March 2013
Thanks for your feedback wancow,
this is a work project for a french cleaning brand.
The exterior modeling and the machines inside, need to be precise enough.
But the set up of all machines of the process need to be simplified, as in the reality all machines are really very intricated, as well as there is a lot of conveyors everywhere.
In the real construction, it is impossible to understand what is what, and where goes anything.
The final will be a mix between video, and 3D parts

WIP

www.chatbada.fr

03 March 2013
Which renderer are you using?

03 March 2013
I using lightwave 11.5 native renderer.

A new update, modeling is nearly finished for now. there is one part i didn't get access to, so i don't have the references.
A bit of texturing more and it will be done.
The buildings surround needs to be set up now, in a more basic way.

WIP

www.chatbada.fr

03 March 2013
i'm not a big fan of the overexposed sun.. Is this the way you want it?

03 March 2013
Hey man,

Did you check with your client to make sure that they are ok with you posting here?

Your sky also looks a little blown out. Its sometimes a good idea to leave the BG as an alpha.

-AJ

03 March 2013
Ok so here is my opinion, look the transitions between every texture, they look very rough and by consequence completely unreal. In my case i automatically focus my eye in the very bright and over saturated light of the sky. Although i don't know anything about the primitive Renderer of LW. Look at the reflection on your drums, it doesn't look good. the perfectly assembled textures never work. I like the look of the trees, but i think they are too repetitive and positioned with not that much of sense.
Hope that helps and keep working!

03 March 2013
thanks for the feedback.
For the moment, i am working on the factory and surroundings, i did not take care of the sky for now.
For the rights, as long as i limit myself on the nature of the content like the external site and the process of the waste it is ok.
Here is a new update, a bit on the texturing and a bit on the surrounding.

There is still work to do on texturing,
then i'll have to populate the area.

WIP

www.chatbada.fr

Last edited by LaMereHic : 03 March 2013 at 12:31 AM.

05 May 2013
The project had been paused a bit.
I am re working on it now.
A few updates...
First the internal part of the disposal

Then 2 visuals for the valorisation process which are not composed for now

WIP

www.chatbada.fr

10 October 2013
Here is a update of the project, with a 360° around the disposal.

http://vimeo.com/77845265

WIP

www.chatbada.fr

10 October 2013
I think grass need to be more even in color. I think the chimneys in particular could use some wear, & smoke dirt on top. They seems too clean to me.

But oh my, the trees are fantastic looking. What are used to create those trees?

Thread Closed share thread