(UDK) Cliff side town

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
(UDK) Cliff side town

hey folks!

ive been meaning to post this earlier but couldnt find the time to do so.

basically my concept is that this is a kinda of a happy easygoing town that kind of acts as a coastal town, except for one thing. the ships float in the sky due to heavy use of oils and diesels to power there ships.

i kinda based the ship idea off of one of my favourite artists Ian Mcque.

my plan is to make this town as detailed as i can. (without killing it of course)

this is where im at right now.

02 February 2013
Hi,
Your environments are looking good. modeling and texturing look good to me but the lighting part is not much attractive. You can pull this off awesomely just work on making a better moody environment lighting setup. you can also do a camera walk-through.

-dushyant

03 March 2013
thanks dirtvic!
i couldnt figure out the reason behind it being to graywashed out. after some poking around i eventually found out that global illumination was set fairly high for some reason, so now i can actually collect some nice dark areas.
the skydome was more of a place holder, which now i have changed into the final version.

i havent brought in any new static meshes, as i was just focusing on the mood and lighting of the level then ill worry about the smaller stuff.
though i do have a couple different tires, chainlink fence, tables, chairs, garbage modelled, i just havent brought them into the level yet.

ive been playing with materials and particles and now have introduced a rain element into my scene along with my rain sounds.

its getting alot closer to how i want the level to look/feel, its amazing what lighting can do to an environment!

heres some screen shots of my level so far, though they dot really do the rain justice, hopefully i can get up a quick video of what it looks like.

03 March 2013
I feel like I'm in the middle of a Jackie Chan film...Great stuff!

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread