Curvy 3D - a new modeling program worth checking out

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2003
Curvy 3D - a new modeling program worth checking out

I ran across a new modeling program targeted toward artists due out in February of 2004 that looks very fast and easy to use, and uses a simple but effective approach toward modeling that is a bit different from any other modeling program that I've ever seen before.

It's called Curvy 3D. It also supports texturing, and exports to the 3ds format, so it should be importable to a number of other 3D packages.

To see it in action, you can download a video that shows a torso being modeled with a fair amount of definition with just a small number of basic "curve" operations.

I can't wait to try out the demo of this program! This looks like one to keep an eye on.

12 December 2003
Hhm ... interesting approach to model your forms ... but still wonder if you can do really sharp forms too with this ... and if you really have a good amount of control over your objects ... ?

Anyhow ... I'll surley give the upcoming demo version a try !
Having no Limitation as Limitation.

12 December 2003
It looks like you can. Check out this tutorial.

There is evidently a "Draw Precise Line" mode. Holding down "V" while drawing creates straight line segments.

12 December 2003
Ah, yes ... I see!
I had not noticed that ... my fault ... ;-|
Having no Limitation as Limitation.

12 December 2003
I was in the beta and used the program. I saw a lot of people catching on really quickly on how to use it and they began creating things really quickly. Unfortuanately I never did. I could never get a handle for it and even make some of the more basic things I wanted to make. For some people though this will be great. Its awesome how fast some of the things are done by Simon

12 December 2003
looks like it could be pretty damn cool... kinda fits the 'alternative modelling tool' description like z-brush.

damnm, the polycounts on export much be unreal.

12 December 2003
always good to see new techniques !

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread