HCR Challenge#37: Femm Fatale - Kuroha Diana Shiratori from Eden Of The East

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
HCR Challenge#37: Femme Fatale - Kuroha Diana Shiratori from Eden Of The East

entry withdrawn, please delete entire thread

Last edited by Seravi : 04 April 2013 at 12:32 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
oh i love that, can't wait to see how it's gonna be ^^

Old 03 March 2013   #3

Last edited by Seravi : 04 April 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #4

Last edited by Seravi : 04 April 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #5
That face sculpt is great. I really like the way you translated the mouth. Captures the anime's character but looks real.

So, what is the death costume you're thinking of? I don't know that lady in lingerie will cut it... Though maybe yith wings...

Are those calls a little wimpy compared to those thighs? (genuine question, I such at modeling females) they look a little skinny, or maybe the knees are a little small. I dunno, maybe it'll all look right once it's posed.

Old 03 March 2013   #6

Last edited by Seravi : 04 April 2013 at 12:34 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #7
Great choice!
I would narrow the waist a bit and stretch the legs a little for a bit of glam

Great stuff.

Old 03 March 2013   #8

Last edited by Seravi : 04 April 2013 at 12:34 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #9
It's looking really good. Not to sound purvey, but those black bars really break up the flow and make it hard to judge the flow of the body. If you're really that concerned about modesty just polypaint on some temp undergarments. It could be a result of the anime look you're going for, but I'm not really seeing much of the indicators of her having a pelvic bone. The sacrum in the back seems minimalized and the iliac crest in front is almost non existent. I'm doing this comp because I need practice with females though so I could be over-emphasizing underlying anatomy.

Old 03 March 2013   #10
Originally Posted by h2olt: Not to sound purvey, but those black bars really break up the flow and make it hard to judge the flow of the body.

He's right, I don't think anyone is going to have a problem if you show the entire image without the black bars. You could also just blur out or pixelate that bit in Photoshop if you feel it necessary. But leave the main shapes visible otherwise its the same as the bars.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2013   #11

Last edited by Seravi : 04 April 2013 at 12:35 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #12
Originally Posted by Seravi: Anyways, problem solved, she's got her first set of roughed-in clothes now.

Roughed in...? Well those clothes look look great. the material draping emphasizes all the right areas. Highlights all the shapes of the hips nicely. I'll be watching the rest of this as female anatomy lesson.

Old 03 March 2013   #13

Last edited by Seravi : 04 April 2013 at 12:35 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #14

Last edited by Seravi : 04 April 2013 at 12:36 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #15
Shoes look great!

Thanks very much for the comments you made on my thread and I hope you will continue to do so. I find it very difficult to comment on your character however. My approach is very different from yours and I have no anchors I can use to return the favor of assistance. The model looks like a very attractive harmless young woman which I think is what you are after. As yet I cant really guess a story from the character without being told it with text. Something I want from my own work is that no one should have to know anything to get a strong impression of what they see. Therefore there may be some way to show that although she blends in with her surroundings there is an undercurrent of malevolence there. In the final image you might let her smile in a charming manner and have a stiletto in one hand barely concealed. A cigar trimmer would only work if there was a Johnny hanging from it. I dont reckon you would want to do that as your audience might not love it .

Cheerio

Thread Closed share thread