C4D Two UV Maps?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
C4D Two UV Maps?

So I remember assessing C4D a few years back and finding it did not support multiple UV maps.

Has this changed in the most recent version? (I searched but couldn't find anything specific)

Old 02 February 2013   #2
I'm pretty sure it hasn't, I'm just going on the Bodypaint UV viewer (Windows>Bodypaint>New Texture View) here which seems to show only one tile. If I bring in a mesh from another app with it's UVs stretched over a number of tiles the UVs in Cinema just seem to be outside the regular tile but don't have any tile under them (if that makes sense!).

Cheers,
Brian

Old 02 February 2013   #3
you can have 2 uv by duplicating the uv tag the order in OM goes from left to right.
so the texture tag on the right of the second uv tag will be assign to that and any on the left of it will be on the first uv tag.
also which ever one you have selected will show in the uv editor
and im pretty sure its always been like that

Old 02 February 2013   #4
considering that BP was the only app to offer this kind of 3D model texture painting prior to mari I'd say it does and has for a super long time.

Old 02 February 2013   #5
C4D has supported multiple uv maps for as long as I can remember, at least the past decade. you can add as many uv maps as you like to a single object.

Old 02 February 2013   #6
Yeah, you can have many UVs on an object, but unfortunately you canīt use mutiple UVs in a Material. Would be real nice if you could just drag and drop the uv tag you wanna use in the projector.

Old 02 February 2013   #7
Originally Posted by Schnupps: Yeah, you can have many UVs on an object, but unfortunately you canīt use mutiple UVs in a Material. Would be real nice if you could just drag and drop the uv tag you wanna use in the projector.

yes you can.
just do the same with the material tag (duplicate it) making sure you have it in the right place on the OM.

Last edited by dataflow : 02 February 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Old 02 February 2013   #8
Heh, that will teach me to read the question more carefully. For some reason I thought it was about working across multiple UV tiles, not different tags. (Maybe that's a different way to achieve the same thing?)

Cheers,
Brian

Old 02 February 2013   #9
Originally Posted by dataflow: yes you can.
just do the same with the material tag (duplicate it) making sure you have it in the right place on the OM.

I would be very glad, but how?
Iīm not talking about two materials having different UVs, but within a single material, how can I give one texture the first, the other one the second UV?

Old 02 February 2013   #10
Mat1 | UV Tag1 | Mat2 | UV Tag2 ........

Cheers
Bonsak

Old 02 February 2013   #11
Originally Posted by bonsak: Mat1 | UV Tag1 | Mat2 | UV Tag2 ........

Cheers
Bonsak

Thanks, but again, Iīm not talking about two materials, but two shaders within in single material.

Old 02 February 2013   #12
Do you mean one material with several shaders stacked in say one of the material channels but with each "layer" assigned to different uv coordinates?

Cheers
Bonsak

Old 02 February 2013   #13
Originally Posted by bonsak: Do you mean one material with several shaders stacked in say one of the material channels but with each "layer" assigned to different uv coordinates?

Cheers
Bonsak

Yes, I think thatīs what I meant ;-) In most cases the project methods of a projector are sufficient, but sometimes I really want to use two uv sets.

Old 02 February 2013   #14
Originally Posted by Horganovski: Heh, that will teach me to read the question more carefully. For some reason I thought it was about working across multiple UV tiles, not different tags. (Maybe that's a different way to achieve the same thing?)

Cheers,
Brian

No I interpreted as tiles as well, as responded as such. Blizzard and Rhythm and Hues both used BP for years while painting multiple UVs and UV tiles. Patrick's old Zbrush tutorials for Zbrush 2 covered how to do this tiled workflow.

Amanda's Pixologic Article tha tPat and I worked on is what, 9 years old http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index...ush_to_Cinema4D

Old 02 February 2013   #15
Thanks, I'll do some reading on that, it's an area that's still fuzzy for me. I've always just kept things simple with a single UV tag and everything laid out in the 0 to 1 tile.

Cheers,
Brian

Thread Closed share thread