Dialog Boxes Hiding Behind Other Dialog Boxes?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Dialog Boxes Hiding Behind Other Dialog Boxes?

So I am having trouble with the render to texture dialog. Whenever I hit Add, for add element, Max freezes... or so I thought. I re-installed and it still does this.

I then noticed that max actually hasn't frozen since when I move my cursor around the coordinates in max change. I think what is happening is that when I hit Add the dialog box is being placed behind the render to texture dialog box. Max appears unresponsive since it is waiting for me to make a selection. I have tried moving the RtT box to my other monitor, but I guess the add element box always shows up in front of, or in my case behind, the RtT box.

I also noticed that when unwrapping and I open my material editor, the material editor will often annoyingly get sent behind my Edit Unwrap window. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Next time you hit the button, and the window presumably gets "focus" of Windows, hit Alt + Space, then M, then use the arrow keys to try and move it. It should at least let you know where it is, if it's off the screen or if it's behind something else. You'll need to do this all in one felled swoop though, you won't be able to regain focus once you lose it!

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Bingo! Much appreciated. I still need to figure out what is causing those issues, but at least I can work around it now. Thanks for the quick reply!

Old 02 February 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread