Batman (nolan/comic style)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Batman (nolan/comic style)

One of the characters im working on at the moment in my free time, in the style of nolan and comic book batman. any suggestions, and critiques on design choices, additions feel free to chip in. im not keen on the cape at the moment so will probably change it at some point.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
nice modeling
but he looks a bit fatty, not in overweight but not being in proportion. like his waist should be a bit thin.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Batman ( nolan/comic style )

Originally Posted by MurtazaRizvi: nice modeling
but he looks a bit fatty, not in overweight but not being in proportion. like his waist should be a bit thin.

cheers man, will edit that i agree, heres a mood board while im at it

Old 02 February 2013   #4

Small edit guys still concepting his costume as i go, and not worked on him much, been busy working on other projects, ive edited his chest plate wasnt keen on the holes over his abs, made me thing it want very protective, also cleaned up the back armour and shoulder pads, lots to do still. comments always welcome. And also any ideas where to take him on design with any aspects would be cool. belt is still very rough probably get completely changed

Old 02 February 2013   #5

Ok so from a comment on another feed, i decided to to go over bats base anatomy before i do any more concepting of his costume, his feet and hands are going to be replaced with boots and gloves which i already have so no worries on critiquing them but feel free for the rest of the model.

Old 02 February 2013   #6
Batman of the future (oldhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BmIaG7Dx1tQ/US-4P1eENaI man bats )

Ok so ive reworked some anatomy, really want to get moving on this project, im more or less happy with his anatomy now, im also making him older than my original plan more like a 50 year old batman, nearer to batman beyond, and maybe hint in his armour of that connection. comments welcome

Old 03 March 2013   #7
here goes update on his costume, still work to be done and tweaks on areas that are bothering me, comments, suggestions ?

thanks

Old 03 March 2013   #8
I really like how he's turning out so far. The armor is looking great but I hope you add in the forearm blades, they are one of most iconic parts of his suit in my opinion. Also, since you said you are planning on making him older, closer to 50, have you considered maybe adding parts to the armor around the joints that kind of resemble/work as braces to help with movement? Nothing that stands out too much but kinda hints at the fact that he's getting older and it's wearing at him. Keep up the good work and I hope to see some more progress soon!

Old 03 March 2013   #9
Originally Posted by Talion93: I really like how he's turning out so far. The armor is looking great but I hope you add in the forearm blades, they are one of most iconic parts of his suit in my opinion. Also, since you said you are planning on making him older, closer to 50, have you considered maybe adding parts to the armor around the joints that kind of resemble/work as braces to help with movement? Nothing that stands out too much but kinda hints at the fact that he's getting older and it's wearing at him. Keep up the good work and I hope to see some more progress soon!

Thank you for the comments, I agree the blades are iconic I'm adding the forearm blades soon, and the idea about the joint braces, is definitely something I'll look at adding,I'll have some more edits soon, not being able to work on him as much as I would like. Thanks again

Old 03 March 2013   #10
Originally Posted by Talion93: I really like how he's turning out so far. The armor is looking great but I hope you add in the forearm blades, they are one of most iconic parts of his suit in my opinion. Also, since you said you are planning on making him older, closer to 50, have you considered maybe adding parts to the armor around the joints that kind of resemble/work as braces to help with movement? Nothing that stands out too much but kinda hints at the fact that he's getting older and it's wearing at him. Keep up the good work and I hope to see some more progress soon!

Thank you for the comments, I agree the blades are iconic I'm adding the forearm blades soon, and the idea about the joint braces, is definitely something I'll look at adding,I'll have some more edits soon, not being able to work on him as much as I would like. Thanks again

Old 03 March 2013   #11
Another update, been really busy working on my main job, changed some proportions, added forearm spikes, edited a few costume parts done previously, worked more on the neck padding, tell me what you think. thanks for watching

Old 03 March 2013   #12
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread