Character Reel from shaded to wireframe

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Character Reel from shaded to wireframe

I have a character that I want to showcase, it's in a pedestal rotating 360. What I want to do is have it transition from shaded mode to wireframe mode like what I've seen in some of the 3d modeling reels in youtube. How can I do something like that? please help

Old 02 February 2013   #2
I like to use the UV snapshot and just map it on for diffuse for my wireframe, so you aren't looking at the back of the scoop or the back of the model through the wires. Just seems too confusing to my eyes. Need a high res map and a photoshop filter or two to make it really pop, but looks good imho.

Otherwise max materials have a "wire" checkbox at the very top. Don't advise it personally but to each his/her own.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
I've had pretty good luck with a composite material.
Base layer is whatever color you want your mesh color to be. Second layer, make a standard material with "wire" checked and that will be the color of your wires.
You can also control the width of the wires using this method under the extended parameters drop down.

www.nickmcelmury.com

"The best things in life are either illegal, fattening, or take too long to render."

Old 02 February 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread