HMC MINI-Chalange#37:Femme Fatale! Jessica Alba - Fantastic Four

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
HMC MINI-Challenge#37:Femme Fatale! Jessica Alba - Fantastic Four

I would like to enter in this challenge with this girl..I am really curious i I can get close with Jessica in CG..I will try to render her in 3ds max for my final presentation.

Last edited by MGC : 02 February 2013 at 03:09 PM.

02 February 2013
oh man! this is gonna be super cool.. .

renz.

02 February 2013

cgrenesh...thank you, I hope to do what I intend, with you on this challenge I need to speed up my work to keep up lol

I also chose to start my base mesh from an mannequin..I really love the combination:dynamesh with qremesher, will see how much I will work on her anatomy..but only the overall shape..

02 February 2013
I intend for the next week to work on her personality,the simplest shapes I found them the hardest, but will break it somehow. This is my next WIP.

02 February 2013
I have the same problem. With the new ZBrush features, getting a basemesh is easy now, sculpting details has always been fun. It's that middle step where you go from unrecognizable to likeness that is so tricky for me.

I think her chin may be a bit too pronounced. Alba's looks a little rounder.
This update looks great, keep it up.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

03 March 2013
Use the newer zbrush features to keep tighter to the reference. There's no shortage of alba photos out there. Find one where she's looking straight ahead and use the window opacity slider or pull the ref into spotlight.

Also sculpt what you see not what you think. If it's alba sue then it's gotta have the big hair from the movie (and your ref) don't just make something short and chunky you think looks like hair, make HER hair.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by h2olt: Use the newer zbrush features to keep tighter to the reference. There's no shortage of alba photos out there. Find one where she's looking straight ahead and use the window opacity slider or pull the ref into spotlight.

Also sculpt what you see not what you think. If it's alba sue then it's gotta have the big hair from the movie (and your ref) don't just make something short and chunky you think looks like hair, make HER hair.

I didn't had time to work on her this weeks to post a new WIP...but the picture that you just comment, is a stage, I don;t find very helpful your comments because like all of us we know about the new features from Zbrush, also about her hair of "HER", yes I want to use fiber from zbrush, to use the spline for hair and fur from 3ds max or ornatrix (will see). but I take all of things in their time, not sure how is your workflow, but this is mine.( To be clear, the hair from the picture is a WIP).
That's why I chose Jessica because is hard to work on her resemblance, and will be helpful for me to practice my eye in hard details.
thank you for you comment, hope to make time soon to work on her, because is an challenging character.

03 March 2013
I didn't mean to suggest any use of high rez hair (fiber, simulation or otherwize). What I'm talking about, and I'm sorry if this was too brief before, is that at this stage it's important to block out the proportions in a meaningful way. I don't think it's going to be easy to get the likeness down if the volume of the hair doesn't match your ref.

I get that it's work in progress, but at this stage show what you're working or what you need feedback on. And right now the hair is making it difficult to judge the scurvy of the face sculpt. Its preferable to not even show hair if yore going to do something different.

Last edited by h2olt : 03 March 2013 at 12:36 PM.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by h2olt: at this stage it's important to block out the proportions in a meaningful way.

That is about the best advice you will ever get.
They say the devil is in the details but I reckon the devil is in the big forms. Mostly the quickest way to get an end result is to concentrate on the base form without costume till it communicates what you want.

Nice start.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread