Normal+Disp+color matching issue

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Normal+Disp+color matching issue

Here's a good one for you guys.

I looked all over and just can't find anything similar to my problem; or nothing the least bit useful.

I exported color, displacement and normal maps from zbrush using multi map exporter. I have a total of 7 subtools in the scene and had map exporter combine them so they are all on one map.

Strangely enough the normal and displacement line up just fine, but the color map is offset and doesn't line up with the sculpted detail when exported and rendered in Maya.

In the sample below, i opened the maps in photoshop and layed them on top of one another. I set the blend mode so that i could see through to the lower maps. As you can see, the normal and displace line up just fine, but the polypaint color map is offset...WTF!?!?

Sample_01.jpg

I circled some visible problem areas in red.

I've done as much as i could before losing my mind. If anyone can offer a useful solution; it is very welcome =)

If you require more info, i would be happy to provide it.

FYI: I've worked with normal, disp, etc from zbrush to maya before. This is a new issue for me, never encountered this before =D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sample_01.jpg (61.5 KB, 4 views)

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread