Mudbox - Subdivision problem!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
Exclamation Mudbox - Subdivision problem!

This is the first time I've worked properly with mudbox so I hope it's just a newbie problem.
I've been working on a model that I started on Maya. Been sending the project back an forth to do little adjustments. Today I noticed that when I went to the maximum subdivision level it all went crazy. Now it only happened on the face around the eyes (unfortunately she has 5) but I've done the sculpting for the rest of the body and I really don't want to have to start everything again.
When I send it back to maya all the vertices seem to be fine so I dont really know what the problem is. I hope someone can help me

Here's a screen cap of my problem

Old 02 February 2013   #2
do you have a working highres mesh... or is all gone..?
have you used the sculpt model using map feature..?

Old 02 February 2013   #3
I'm sure by now you've singled it out as a modeling issue. I'm 90% sure that's it.

Possibly you have double faces or something like that. Make sure you can subdivide it in Maya too (but its subdivision is a lot less quirky than mudbox's so I doubt it'll result in anything). Just run a merge on all the verts with a low low tolerance to check. Other than a modeling issue I have no idea what would cause it, sorry! I assume you've done tests with other objects and its worked out fine...
GChat AndresMWeber
www.moving-picture.com

Old 02 February 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread