Old 01-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
whertigo2
portfolio
Pål Gustav Widerberg
NRK
Oslo, Norway

Pftrack 2012 - using solved trackers in a second take

Hi all!

I'm doing a promo for which some 3d tracking is needed. I've completed one shot, which I 3d tracked successfully, built some simple 3d in 3d studio and comped toghether in Nuke.

Now the director wants another shot, from the same location, featuring roughly the same view as in the previous shot thats already done, but with a new dolly movement.

So, is there any way to get the solved trackers and their position relative to eachother, into this second take?

I've got a feeling that the "survey solver" might be the solution, but I haven't quite been able to figure out how to do it.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of stuff?

Best regards, Pål, Norway.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
DiMagic
none

Survey solver is a right way! I have seen class from FXPHD (PFT203). It`s explain how to solve tasks like your.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
KHing
Veteran
portfolio
KaHing Cheuk
Re'al Sandbox production
Singapore, Singapore

You are right. If you have a scene built in 3D, you can get the x,y,z coordinates of your set and feed it into your survey solver.

I will pick a few main features in the plate and have locators snapped to them and write down the x, y, z coordinates. Afterwards it will be easy to input these data into your survey solver.

Just take note that you input these data correctly and you will be fine.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
whertigo2
portfolio
Pål Gustav Widerberg
NRK
Oslo, Norway

Ok, thanks for the replies.

I was in a hurry when I did this, and what I tried to do was taking the output from the solved camera solver, and piping it in to the survey solver, that way I didnt need to manually enter the values, I had hoped.

It didn't work.

I also tried solving both camera moves using the same trackers (by tracking the same features with the same trackers in both shots) but then I couldnt get a solve for either of them, although they would solve fine on their own.

So I ended up solving the second shot all by itself and manually realigning the 3d. A bit more manual work, but fiddling time was up

Thanks again!

Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread