VEX Deformers for Houdini 12

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
VEX Deformers for Houdini 12

Hi,

Here is a set of deformers I finished a while ago for Houdini 12. It took a bit of time to complete the set, but in the end I think it's worth it.

It's part of a larger operator library called Animatrix, most of which is freely available on Orbolt. I haven't made a video for them, because it's time consuming and they are pretty self-explanatory low-level operators (:

Additionally falloffs functionality is not shown in this video.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Light

Old 01 January 2013   #2
I would love to try them but cannot find Animatrix on orbolt.
Would you mind posting a link?

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Hi,

These are the currently available operators in the store right now:
http://www.orbolt.com/search/?q=tags:animatrix

But due to a technical limitation in the store, it is not possible to upload this particular set and some others to Orbolt. If you want to see them in the store, please contact Orbolt support to allow uploading operators with the same name but of different types, i.e. Add SOP and Add VOP, which is currently not possible.

Houdini allows this, and if more people asks for this, then they would see that people want the store to work exactly as Houdini and not a subset of it, in regards to valid operators.

Thanks,
Light

Old 01 January 2013   #4
Actually, the author "animatrix" has a lot of assets at the Orbolt Smart 3D Asset Store. In fact I believe that he may hold the record for most submissions! Click HERE to browse through his work.

As a side note, the Orbolt Asset store has a review process, and sometimes there is a lag between when an author uploads a file, and when it is approved. Also, sometimes there are details which need to be worked out.
As you might imagine from Light's video posted above, these particular tools and deformers represent quite a quite a lot of work and complexity. The folks at the Asset store are still working on ways to support the structure of this authors work so that it performs as the he intended, and yet has the convenience, QA, and integration into Houdini that come as properties of the Orbolt Smart 3D Asset store.

So please hang in there, and keep checking in, 'cause the Orbolt team is working on it, and you should be getting some more cool tools every week!

Old 01 January 2013   #5
I concur. Orbolt store is pretty convenient to keep your tools in one place and share them with a larger audience (even if you are not selling), which is why I chose to use it and not other sites.

Since these are the tools I wrote for my own workflow, I don't have to spend too much time distributing and updating them. As soon as I make a new change and make sure it works, I just upload it from within Houdini and carry on with my work. Orbolt team picks up from there, so there is no downtime (:

Light

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread