CGTalk > Software > Autodesk Maya > Maya Programming
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 12-10-2003, 10:35 PM   #1
Modulok
Hello world

Joint marking menu source...

Does anyone know where the marking menu is coming from (file name, path would be nice too) when you right click over a joint. It says "Set preferred Angle" and "Assume Preferred Angle"

It would make my day to know what MEL script this is sourcing from, I have searched for this thing for about 3 hours, and have come up empty handed. This particular menu is pissing me off and I'd like to get rid of it, or alter it but I can't find it.

Any help would be..well, helpful

Thanks
-Modulok-

Old 12-11-2003, 05:20 PM   #2
dwalden74
Google E. Bear

David Walden
Rigging, scripting.
NY, USA

Yes. When you right click in the Maya UI, you are calling the buildObjectMenuItemsNow.mel script, located in the ../scripts/others folder. If something is selected, the procedure then calls dagMenuProc.mel (in the same folder), which builds the popupMenu (the menu you are asking about) based on what is selected.

David

Old 12-11-2003, 06:29 PM   #3
Modulok
Hello world

You rawk, David!!

Thank you so much, you made me cackle a very evil laugh of sheer joy. Thanks again

-Modulok-

Old 12-13-2003, 11:02 AM   #4
spinlock

snowbird groupie

If you know the general location of the file in question, why not let the computer do the finding for you? Here's a command line gem that has saved me over and over again...

Code:
[josh@ion Application Support]$ pwd /Applications/AliasWavefront/maya5.0/Application Support [josh@ion Application Support]$ find . -type f -exec grep -Hsn "Assume Preferred Angle" {} \; ./scripts/others/dagMenuProc.mel:291: menuItem -l "Assume Preferred Angle" ./scripts/others/dagMenuProc.mel:339: menuItem -l "Assume Preferred Angle" ./scripts/others/performAssumePrefAngle.mel:95: setOptionBoxTitle("Assume Preferred Angle Options"); ./scripts/startup/ChaSkeletonsMenu.mel:167: menuItem -l "Assume Preferred Angle" ./scripts/startup/ChaSkeletonsMenu.mel:168: -annotation "Assume Preferred Angle: Select a joint" ./scripts/startup/ChaSkeletonsMenu.mel:173: -annotation "Assume Preferred Angle Option Box" ./scripts/startup/ChaSkeletonsMenu.mel:174: -l "Assume Preferred Angle Option Box" ./scripts/startup/defaultRunTimeCommands.mel:6319: -annotation ("Assume Preferred Angle") ./scripts/startup/defaultRunTimeCommands.mel:6325: -annotation ("Assume Preferred Angle Options") [josh@ion Application Support]$

The nice thing about the -Hsn option to `grep` is that it'll give you the path to the file in question and the line number so you can easily track it down.

Old 12-13-2003, 04:25 PM   #5
Modulok
Hello world

Thanks spinlock,

I will be sure to give it a try next time I have to tweak something in my UI that I can't find

Nice script to have
-Modulok-

Old 01-16-2006, 10:00 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread