CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Autopack Visualization Challenge
Login register
reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
Keenly
Administrator

CGSociety Staff
portfolio
Rhys Jenkin
Website Admin & Development
CGSociety
Adelaide,

Arrow autoPack Visualization Challenge - Support Thread

Welcome to the autoPack Visualization Challenge Support Thread.

Please read the Instructions, FAQ, Terms & Conditions and other posts in this thread before asking a question.

Have fun and good luck.

Last edited by keenly : 12-17-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
raoninery
To Infinity and Beyond!

portfolio
Raoni Nery
3d Artist
Rėd CG
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Send a message via MSN to raoninery
So much confusing

I really wanted to participate on this contest but:

- The tutorials are from a version that is not the one that us, the artists will use
- i followed the instructions and all i got is error when trying to load the recipe for HIV
-aparently the installer dont have the xml for the HIV construction model
- The site have so much missleading information about bugs
- the info@autopack.org is not working
-If you try to entry the forum from autopack, the admin don't give you the privilage to post rightway.

I've been trying to use this plugin for about 3,5 hours. I dont have communication with anyone from autopack to helpme out with the bugs i'm dealling with the version that they put to download.

I dont know it this is only a leak of profissionalism or its on purpose, to lead most of artists to give up this contest and the choosen ones to win

Old 12-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
gj210
Frequenter
portfolio
Graham J
QB3 Faculty Fellow
University of California UCSF
San Francisco, USA

Challenge Support

Hi Raoni,
Sorry for the delay- we announced the contest at 10pm last night our time. Its now 9am in California so we can handle your issues. We just got the plugins running for 3D Studio Max one month ago (they are relatively robust in Cinema 4D and Maya) and we've had access to a limited number of 3D Studio Max alpha testers.
Questions to help us troubleshoot:
1) When you install Python2.6-64bits did you use the default given path ie C:\Python26 ?

2) Did the installation of the Sciviz python plugin for 3ds Max 2013 64bits go smoothly?

3) Do you have other python versions installed?

Thank you for helping us iron out the issues with Max.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
gj210
Frequenter
portfolio
Graham J
QB3 Faculty Fellow
San Francisco, USA

Early hours issue fixes

Raoni,

1) I will go through all of the tutorials to reorganize them and add short new clean ones for each system this afternoon. Its 9:45am in California, so expect something by 6pm.

2) Please see the other response for tech support to get your system up and running for 3D Studio Max. The Max version takes a bit more effort to install, but it has the same options that the other hosts offer for the autoPACK Viewer Tab.

3) Not sure what you mean about bugs- do you mean the old discussions on the forum from the earlier alpha versions of the software we were busily fixing? Should I move those older discussions somewhere less visible?

4) I will link the info@autopack.org email- didn't know it was actually posted somewhere.

5) I've changed the forum permissions to allow anyone to join immediately.

6) This is an open-source project... we do build and offer this very deep/powerful software for free with the belief that it will help artists explore new worlds and models while artists help us to improve the models and interfaces with feedback, so we appreciate your help to provide the feedback we need to squash any bugs during these first hours of the Challenge. The release versions of ePMV for Cinema 4D and Maya are over 2 years old and robust. The release versions of autoPack are only 4 months old for C4D and Maya, but are well tested on many different systems. The releases of both packages for Max are about 1 month old and though tested on numerous systems, we haven't yet tried them all, but we are quick to squash bugs once we know about them.
Thanks for your time

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoninery
I really wanted to participate on this contest but:

- The tutorials are from a version that is not the one that us, the artists will use
- i followed the instructions and all i got is error when trying to load the recipe for HIV
-aparently the installer dont have the xml for the HIV construction model
- The site have so much missleading information about bugs
- the info@autopack.org is not working
-If you try to entry the forum from autopack, the admin don't give you the privilage to post rightway.

I've been trying to use this plugin for about 3,5 hours. I dont have communication with anyone from autopack to helpme out with the bugs i'm dealling with the version that they put to download.

I dont know it this is only a leak of profissionalism or its on purpose, to lead most of artists to give up this contest and the choosen ones to win

Old 12-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
raoninery
To Infinity and Beyond!

portfolio
Raoni Nery
3d Artist
Rėd CG
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gj210
Hi Raoni,
Sorry for the delay- we announced the contest at 10pm last night our time. Its now 9am in California so we can handle your issues. We just got the plugins running for 3D Studio Max one month ago (they are relatively robust in Cinema 4D and Maya) and we've had access to a limited number of 3D Studio Max alpha testers.
Questions to help us troubleshoot:
1) When you install Python2.6-64bits did you use the default given path ie C:\Python26 ?

2) Did the installation of the Sciviz python plugin for 3ds Max 2013 64bits go smoothly?

3) Do you have other python versions installed?

Thank you for helping us iron out the issues with Max.

Yes, the installation went well, no erros, i've installed the Python2.6 64bits default path, the Sciviz plugin for 3dsmax 2013 64 was ok too.

None of the installation steps gave erros messages. My 3dsmax have the latest update service pack. When i start the program its ok, but when i try to create the models or it pops up a list of the "recipe" and do nothing or give me a error message saying that i dont have the xml file from that recipe installed on my computer...

I also noticed something strange.. If i search for updates it says that have a update avaiable, it i click ok it says that the program is updated... i reset it but if i click on check for updates again he bring me the same message.... as if the update didnt occured

Old 12-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
raoninery
To Infinity and Beyond!

portfolio
Raoni Nery
3d Artist
Rėd CG
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Quote:
Raoni,

1) I will go through all of the tutorials to reorganize them and add short new clean ones for each system this afternoon. Its 9:45am in California, so expect something by 6pm.

2) Please see the other response for tech support to get your system up and running for 3D Studio Max. The Max version takes a bit more effort to install, but it has the same options that the other hosts offer for the autoPACK Viewer Tab.

3) Not sure what you mean about bugs- do you mean the old discussions on the forum from the earlier alpha versions of the software we were busily fixing? Should I move those older discussions somewhere less visible?

4) I will link the info@autopack.org email- didn't know it was actually posted somewhere.

5) I've changed the forum permissions to allow anyone to join immediately.

6) This is an open-source project... we do build and offer this very deep/powerful software for free with the belief that it will help artists explore new worlds and models while artists help us to improve the models and interfaces with feedback, so we appreciate your help to provide the feedback we need to squash any bugs during these first hours of the Challenge. The release versions of ePMV for Cinema 4D and Maya are over 2 years old and robust. The release versions of autoPack are only 4 months old for C4D and Maya, but are well tested on many different systems. The releases of both packages for Max are about 1 month old and though tested on numerous systems, we haven't yet tried them all, but we are quick to squash bugs once we know about them.
Thanks for your time

The bug i am saying is that the installation dont give errors messages, everything follows the step by step installation guide but when i try to use the plugin it doesnt do nothing, only errors pop ups, sometimes saying that i dont have the recipe xml, sometimes only pop up a window with the list of the recipe but dont construct the model. Not even the sphere test preset works

Old 12-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
coredAlpha
portfolio
Ludo
san diego, USA

we have posted a new installer for 3ds Max

We are really sorry for the delay, and we understand how frustrating it can be.
Please use our latest installer for 3ds Max (1.1.1) from here
http://autofill.googlecode.com/file..._3dsMax_111.msi

thanks

L

Old 12-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #8
gj210
Frequenter
portfolio
Graham J
QB3 Faculty Fellow
San Francisco, USA

Installer 1.1.0 for 3D Studio Max Released

Hi Raoni,
Can you please confirm on this thread whether or not we were able to get you running from the autoPACK forum?
http://www.autopack.org/support/forum
It seems like using the Installer 1.1.0 for 3D Studio Max did the trick right? This version should provide a message box when new updates and model versions are available after restarting your host software (3ds for you.) I'm working on HIV in Blood Serum 1.4 that I hope to release tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks for being patient and helping us solve your issue so others won't experience such pain!

Old 12-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #9
ro2563
portfolio
MiekeRoth
lelystad, Netherlands

Blender plugin

Great challenge! When is the blender plugin due?

Old 12-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #10
gj210
Frequenter
portfolio
Graham J
QB3 Faculty Fellow
San Francisco, USA

Blender version just hours to days away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro2563
Great challenge! When is the blender plugin due?

We're working hard on getting the Blender version back up to speed with the New GUI and some major Database and Framework changes we made over the past 5 months. Ludo started on this last last night and sent a screenshot this morning, so please check back in just a few days (maybe even in a few hours) to help us test it out.
He is simultaneously working on getting the molecular viewer PMV running with autoPACK again... same story, it worked 5 months ago, but we've done a ton of development both to the core code and UI since then. We'll post announcements and change the instructions and installations pages as soon as each is ready.
Thanks for your patience,
G

In case you can't see the image I pasted (won't show in Firefox for some reason, but visible in Safari, there are two images re Blender at the bottom of: http://www.autopack.org/gallery

Last edited by gj210 : 12-22-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Can't see image in certain Browsers

Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
ro2563
portfolio
MiekeRoth
lelystad, Netherlands

Quote:
We're working hard on getting the Blender version back up to speed with the New GUI

OK, thanks. I hope it doesn't take too long, maybe you have outed the competition a bit too early? Anyhow, I am not sure if I am going to enter, but I am very interested in the plugin itself

Old 12-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
gj210
Frequenter
portfolio
Graham J
QB3 Faculty Fellow
San Francisco, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro2563
OK, thanks. I hope it doesn't take too long, maybe you have outed the competition a bit too early? Anyhow, I am not sure if I am going to enter, but I am very interested in the plugin itself

autoPACK is an opensource package with a broad applicability across 3 platforms, multiple operating systems, and multiple 3D animation packages.... some more robust and evolved than others. It will continue to evolve rapidly, so we had to make a decision to host this first contest at some point. As noted on the instructions page, Blender is coming soon.

Makes sense to try to win some prizes if you plan to use the software anyway... give it a shot.

Update on Blender after another 2 hours of work at noon on Dec. 21, 2012:

In case you can't see the image I pasted (won't show in Firefox for some reason, but visible in Safari, there are two images re Blender at the bottom of: http://www.autopack.org/gallery

Last edited by gj210 : 12-22-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Can't see image in certain Browsers

Old 12-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #13
jaccolli
WSMFP
portfolio
Jason Collins
IUPUI School of Informatics
Indianapolis, USA

// Error: line 1: (epmv_maya_plugin)

Trying to install for Maya 2013 x 64. When I go to Plug-in Manager to check loaded I get an Error: line 1

Tried to remove, re-download, and re install. Still same error.

Here is the command line/script editor error:

ePMV
('getUIClass ', 'maya')
// Error: line 1: ImportError: file C:\Users\Jason\Documents\maya\2013-x64\plug-ins\/MGLToolsPckgs\DejaVu\Camera.py line 41: No module named Image //
// Warning: line 1: Failed to run file: C:/Users/Jason/Documents/maya/2013-x64/plug-ins/epmv_maya_plugin.py //
// Error: line 1: (epmv_maya_plugin) //
C:\Users\Jason\Documents\maya\2013-x64\plug-ins\MGLToolsPckgs
C:\Users\Jason\Documents\maya\2013-x64\plug-ins\
C:\Users\Jason\Documents\maya\2013-x64\plug-ins\\MGLToolsPckgs\ePMV\images\icons\
ePMV
('getUIClass ', 'maya')
// Error: line 1: ImportError: file C:\Users\Jason\Documents\maya\2013-x64\plug-ins\/MGLToolsPckgs\DejaVu\Viewer.py line 50: cannot import name viewerConst //
// Warning: line 1: Failed to run file: C:/Users/Jason/Documents/maya/2013-x64/plug-ins/epmv_maya_plugin.py //
// Error: line 1: (epmv_maya_plugin) //

Old 12-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #14
gj210
Frequenter
portfolio
Graham J
QB3 Faculty Fellow
San Francisco, USA

Maya install error

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccolli
Trying to install for Maya 2013 x 64. When I go to Plug-in Manager to check loaded I get an Error: line 1

Hi Jason,
So we can squash this in case its a problem with the installer, please let me know the following:
1) Name of the installer file you used e.g., "upy-maya-2013-setup-1.0.1.msi":

2) Operating System:

Thank you,
Graham

Old 12-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #15
jaccolli
WSMFP
portfolio
Jason Collins
IUPUI School of Informatics
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Hi Jason,
So we can squash this in case its a problem with the installer, please let me know the following:
1) Name of the installer file you used e.g., "upy-maya-2013-setup-1.0.1.msi":

2) Operating System:

Thank you,
Graham

1) Manual install from the .zip
2) Windows 7 Pro x64

deleted the plug-in folder and ran the .msi

Everything seems to be in order now. I must have missed something with the upy_autopack_plugin.py during the manual install.

Thank you for the quick reply,

Jason

reply share thread