Transform & Reformat Node

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Transform & Reformat Node

SO do you put a reformat node in Nuke after Transform node or vice versa? I know it might depend of shot to shot or depending on the acquirement.

I was having problem in aligning a difficult time trying to align a Nuke Cylinder to a render..
When viewing in 3D in looks perfect as soon as I switch to scanLine renderer, the cylinder has moved somewhere else.
So I think (rather pressumed) that the problem might be with reformat and transform, because I was working with a 2k render, which I reformated to 720p.

Apologies for not able to post an image here...!!

Old 11 November 2012   #2
I usually do it after transforms, but I doubt your problem is related to that. AFAIK the 3D system doesn't really take image resolutions into account; if A is behind B and A is outside the camera frame, then A will get cropped.

It's only when you do 2D transforms that the bounding boxes start to get in the way. I think

- Jesus

Old 11 November 2012   #3
i think your problem comes from a difference in image aspects. you say you rendered 2k, does what does this means? 720p has an image aspect of 16:9, and if you reformat a 2k 4:3 or cinemascope format it has to crop either on the sides or at top and bottom

play with the settings in the reformat node. where is the center of the transform, should the height or the width stay in the reformated image and so on.

Old 11 November 2012   #4
Problem Solved

Appreciate all your help. Thank You

@JamesNZ I did tackle the problem though, it was a slight value issues in transform node, when I re-did the entire part of the node tree, it seemed to work fine.
However even I felt that using a reformat after transform sounds good.

@pingking ha ha!! No bru, aspect ratio is absolutely fine. By 2k I meant 2560 by 1441, which is 16:9. Sorry for not being precise

Thanks again guys !!

Old 11 November 2012   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread