Sinister, Andrew Hickinbottom (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2012
Sinister, Andrew Hickinbottom (3D)

Title: Sinister
Name: Andrew Hickinbottom
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

Personal work.

Sleek pinup of one of my favourite models, Sister Sinister.

Here is her page: http://www.facebook.com/SisSinister

11 November 2012
nice!!

awesome modelling

what was your inspiration?

11 November 2012
Wow! The final image is just fantastic! Couldn't be different
I love it Andrew! The pose is very good, smooth and tells a lot about the character personality! Really an unusual beauty
One detail that I like, besides the face design, is the smooth pressure that the plastic cloth causes over the skin!

Congratulations!

11 November 2012
Is it me, or the right arm is too short? I feel the head is a little big, otherwise, nice work as usual from you. I like that you have a consistence style.

11 November 2012
hello
usually a big fan of yours ... and a fan of sister sinister,
and I think you did a great job on the pose and the clothing.
But imo you stylized her nose, lips and eyebrows a bit too hard,
so she misses some female appeal.
best
*m

Sister Sinister Photo

11 November 2012
Very good work Andy, as usual

11 November 2012
Cool picture, i think PKD is right about the arms, even tho it's hardly noticible at first sight.

SHOWREEL 2013

11 November 2012
love it!!...

11 November 2012
Awesome,her suit is beautiful.

11 November 2012
Cool

Shes is rather yum. You said she is one of you're fav's. What are the other favourites that you have?

11 November 2012
the arm is most likely fore-shortened in the perspective view making it look smaller.

11 November 2012
question

I have always wanted to know, how you rig the character and then pose it?
or do you rig it in the exact position you want it? if you only a character modeller I mean

because I know of an auto rig, so just wondering what people use to pose their characters

11 November 2012
Thanks for the comments, folks.

Misslovebug - erm, Sister Sinister was my inspiration! Regarding the rigging, i use 3Ds Max's pre-made biped rig (im not very good at technical stuff like rigging), skinned and posed the character, then refined the mesh in some of the problem areas like the elbows where the volume was lost due to the skinning.

Bruno - thanks! Happy you like the 'unconventional' face, and that you noticed the bulges caused by her outfit.

PKD - its exactly the same length as her other arm. I think that because her head is stylised and slightly bigger than a real head, it makes the arm look a little short when placed near to it.

mimo8 - sister sinister does have quite a sharp, angular face. I tried to stylise it and capture what it is that i admire about it.

Brandon - Some of my other favourite models are Mosh, Kay Morgan (threnodyinvelvet), Jade Vixen & Morgana.

11 November 2012
Nice work! I agree with PKD though... foreshortening or not, that arm looks somewhat tiny. One is trying to avoid foreshortening also at photography, while the issue is getting more acute with stylised proportions. Otherwise a very well done character!

11 November 2012
The camera FOV is at 10, which is almost an orthographic projection, so there should be little to no foreshortening. Must be a proportion thing.

Thread Closed share thread