vehicle: Photoreal Greyhound Bus Attempt

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2003   #1
Photoreal Greyhound Bus Attempt

This model was made for an animation for a class at Drexel University.

It's not as dirty as I had imagined it would be, but I guess that's part of the learning process. I guess specific suggestions in that realm are welcome, along with anything else.

Any questions/comments warmly welcomed

Oh yeah... mental ray w/ hdri w/ Final Gather etc...

www.pages.drexel.edu/~jdn22/goodrender2.jpg

~Jonas~

Old 12 December 2003   #2
It's not bad, but the metal isn't metallic enough, and the paintjob is somewhat flat. Are the red blocks lights? You shuld probab;y model them full y- it'll whack hell out of your render time, but it will look the part!

You might also consider grabbing a photo to composite it inot, and using an HDRI or skydome image.. that way you'll get accurate reflections.

The modelling is good, though, and I think you have all the elements you will need to tweak this into a pretty good photoreal exercise!

Keep going!

-The Prophecy
==========================

Old 12 December 2003   #3
I think the main thing that is making it look non realistic is the enviornment. The reflections aren't good because the env is so basic its detracting from your excellent bus model. The bus model is great, tweak the texturesand shading a tad, the lighting a little, and your env and I think you will achieve your goal no problem. Keep up the good work!

Old 12 December 2003   #4
The modelling is good, just needs some textures. The bus needs some dents and slightly warped metal so it doesnt reflect the environment perfectly. Then you can up the reflectivity to get it to look metal. And, yeah, the environment needs a lot of work. Good tip on using a photo environment map or whatever they call it. Also, Im pretty sure "grayhound" is spelled with an E.
-hen

Old 01 January 2006   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread