CgChallenge XXVII-Ten: mmoir

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
CgChallenge XXVII-Ten: mmoir

Hey all ,
Hopefully I can finish this challenge , it has been a while since I completed one.

My ideas so far.
- Magnitude 10.0 earthquake , so some cityscape devestated by the earthquake.
- one of the 10 plagues of egypt- maybe the hailstones or the 10th plague of the "death of the firstborn"
- the 10 commandments , so Moses coming down the mountain with lightning etc.
- Guy Lafleur scoring a goal and celebrating , he was #10 for the habs.

Concepts in a few and good luck to all.
Mike

Old 10 October 2012   #2
Hi there Mike,
Your ideas seem to be really good and heavy work on effects are involved I believe. I'd love to participate in this challenge but as a team. Please do let me know if you are looking for a team member I'll be glad to be part of this challenge

Aditya

Old 10 October 2012   #3
Aqua,
I have never done a challenge as part of a team . Are your strengths in animation , I don't do alot of animations so I would need some help with that. I also use Carrara as my 3d app which may cause some issues I don't know but let me know if you can't find anyone to be part of your team.

Last edited by mmoir : 10 October 2012 at 12:48 PM.

Old 10 October 2012   #4
Here is a quick concept painting of the Ten Commandments idea, I think this has some potential . Let me know what you think. Thanks,

Old 10 October 2012   #5
great choice

i never would have taught of that.10 commandments.looking to see how this pans out.good luck .

Old 10 October 2012   #6
Originally Posted by mmoir: Aqua,
I have never done a challenge as part of a team . Are your strengths in animation , I don't do alot of animations so I would need some help with that. I also use Carrara as my 3d app which may cause some issues I don't know but let me know if you can't find anyone to be part of your team.

Hi there,

am good at FX, and also my 3d app is Maya and Max.
if you need any help please do let me know
Thanq

Old 10 October 2012   #7
Hey ,
Here is another concept sketch, this time of my Magnitude 10.0 earthquake idea. I wanted a close up view of the destruction so the scene is interesting as well as manageable If you guys can let me know which concept you think is best/most interesting that would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by mmoir : 10 October 2012 at 03:37 AM.

Old 10 October 2012   #8
hello mmoir,

i remember your entry from the journey begins challenge. Was my very first challenge. Such a long time ago.

anyways, curious to see your entry evolve.

cheers

Old 10 October 2012   #9
Hey there mmoir,
Thanks for visiting my thread.
Interesting ideas you got there. They're pretty much on the grand scale of things I see..both of the concept images you posted have potential. Maybe you might want to work on the compositions a bit, as they're important in order to portray the focal points of they images effectively. I also think that an earthquake of magnitude 10.0 would probably create a lot more destruction than what is shown on your concept image. Just my 2cents.

Keep going man and all the very best! Go go go!

Old 10 October 2012   #10
I think both concepts look like they are full of potential. Your concept sketches are a really good look into them.

In my opinion, I think that the earthquake would have more "eye candy" in it. I think if you can put a couple story elements into the image the earthquake would be the way to go.

However both concepts sound like they would make for a good entry. Good Luck!

Old 10 October 2012   #11
I have decided to do the Ten Commandments idea and here is the start of my modeling of Moses. I may model more of the character but I am pretty sure you won't see the entire figure in the final .

Old 11 November 2012   #12
Hey ,

Another post here showing the modelling of the tablets containing the Ten Commandments. Each tablet apparently had text written on both sides so what I am showing here is only half of the Ten Commandments

If anyone can confirm the text that would be great as I really don't know what this is saying.
Thanks

Last edited by mmoir : 11 November 2012 at 01:51 AM. Reason: image wasn't showing up.

Old 12 December 2012   #13
Haven't worked on this in a while so here is an update. I worked on the sky and mountain for the scene, still need to work on the trees and add some lightning etc.

Last edited by mmoir : 12 December 2012 at 03:20 AM.

Old 12 December 2012   #14
Okay a little more work on this. I added the land in the foreground and changed the Mountain color to more reds to match the desert floor color. I think the mountain looks better now than before and overall the mountain blends in well with the desert floor.
If you have any comments or crits let me know.

Thanks

Old 12 December 2012   #15
Okay , another update. I have added the Moses character as well as some foreground and midground elements . I need to add lots of stuff in the middle ground area then try and think of a good way to add lightning.
If you have any comments or crits let me know.

Thread Closed share thread