Prometheus Explained... BR

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Prometheus Explained... BR

The Blu Ray version explains quite alot and feels far more cohesive than the cinematic version.
I feel the longer cut should have been released instead of the hash job that everyone saw.
Was wondering if I am the only one.

MY HMC

10 October 2012
[ SPOILER - Click to reveal ]
Spoiler:
Paradise!

10 October 2012
I've only seen the blu-ray version and I think it's the stupidest crap I've seen in years.

10 October 2012
could you touch on some of the subjects that have been better explained?

10 October 2012
Well looking at the outtakes/deleted scenes, it seems nearly every one of those scenes explained the situation better. For example, many derided the Captain's behavior when concerned with leaving the planet, and ultimately trying to destroy the alien ship, one scene with Vickers explains his background, and the facts that lead him upto his decision. Cutting this out removes part of the film. I think alot of the edits in this film completely damaged it.
People who were looking for a nice shootem up should have given the film a wide birth, people looking for something with the pace of alien would have appreciated this far more if there was less studio interference.

MY HMC

10 October 2012
Good observations? But the film was already a bit long at 2 hours 4 minutes, they probably had to leave some stuff out to avoid dragging it out too long.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by Dillster: Good observations? But the film was already a bit long at 2 hours 4 minutes, they probably had to leave some stuff out to avoid dragging it out too long.

ya, the film was too long even though it actually was quite short. You can credit this to none of the characters being likable and the plot being so stupid that it's not even funny but boring.

10 October 2012

This is an interesting read on how the pre-Lindelof script would have played, and saying that the studio actually pushed for less direct Alien action, rather than vice versa.

http://collider.com/prometheus-exte...-script/200846/

I still think they should have just made it without the Alien mythos at all, but enh.

10 October 2012
It dosen`t really matter. The movie is what it is. : )

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by ViCoX: It dosen`t really matter. The movie is what it is. : )

and what it is, is in my mail box waiting to be picked up. Looks too nice and has too much of a nice extras list not to order. Plus it compliments the aliens bluray set quite nicely.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by Dolan: I've only seen the blu-ray version and I think it's the stupidest crap I've seen in years.

Agreed. It is waste of time.

10 October 2012
You guys must be locked in a golden cage with only a few kick ass dvd's to chose from, if you think this is the worst you've seen in years. I can't say I'm fully happy with how Prometheus turned out, but given what shit movies I've seen this year, it is still very much among the few watchable ones.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by plastic: You guys must be locked in a golden cage with only a few kick ass dvd's to chose from, if you think this is the worst you've seen in years. I can't say I'm fully happy with how Prometheus turned out, but given what shit movies I've seen this year, it is still very much among the few watchable ones.
Well... halloween 3 is a close contender, but out of the movies i've seen this year Prometheus is pretty damn low on the list.

10 October 2012
Its a run of the mill scifi film and that's fine. It looked amazing but it was pretty tame and unintresting. It felt nothing like Alien, it lacked its suspense, originality, low budget - which resulted in more original and creatively directed film. I also think the plots of Alien/Aliens/Alien3 where all better then Prometheus.

If Alien is a 10/10 film (and it is). Prometheus is a 4/10 film.

Saying that though...it really did look nice, it had some nice touches, but the story/ideas left me wanting.

Flickr

MDI Digital

10 October 2012
The fact that an explanation has to be released is acknowledgment that they messed up first time. The fact that we have to purchase this explanation is frankly taking the p*ss. They can shove it where the sun don't shine. I have done the 'right thing' by paying good money to see this at the cinema - I wont be parting with another penny next time.

Thread Closed share thread