rythmic gymnastics

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
rythmic gymnastics

Hi
I'm working with a new model with Zbrush. A rythmic gymastic girl with ribbon. Anna Bessanova was a model that inspired me to do this work.

Thank you

Marcos Meneghetti

10 October 2012
love the pose and great inspiration!
I think there should be a bit more curvature in the form? And her left forearm looks a little short?
http://postimage.org/image/f734tw4lv/

10 October 2012
Nice idea and good work this far!

Some possible points to check:

1. Proportions look quite good, except: Bessanova has a small head, and the arms of the model are in any case much too short. True also for the legs in case of Bessanova.

2. Noticed that strange twist on her left arm as well (the blue mark on Jonathanís PO). The mesh should be twisted the other way.(not meaning the arm pose itself).

3. The pose of her left hand looks somewhat smooth for a vigorous gymnastic girl. The bending of the wrist could happen sharper and her index could be fully stretched, or even bent slightly back.

4. Talking about vigorous gymnastic girls: her standing leg should be slightly overstretched when going for a finished pose.

5. Her pelvis looks too Ďopení, means: the pelvis is following the movement of the back leg too much, which shouldnít happen this much.

6. An other reason for less points from the jury for artistic expression would be the strongly bent back leg - that ďattitudeĒ is too short, donít bend that shin this much.

7. And a last one: the ribbon could be a few meters longer.

btw: personally i donít fully aggree with Jonathanís crit about curves: heís right that her left waist could be affected more by lifting that back leg, but her right side should be stretched as it is.

10 October 2012
Gymnastic WIP

Hi everyone,
Here is another WIP of my girl.

See you soon

Marcos Meneghetti
marcosmeneghetti.com
3d@marcosmeneghetti.com

10 October 2012
Cool improvements! Very good the corrections at the hip, looking convincing now. Also the side lines of the upper body are much better. Some ideas for your further modelling:
- her breasts are extremely low for stretching the arms up, and also a bit large for a gymnastic girl.
- her shoulder blades could be cleaner defined, being an important part of the specific pose.
- i think you wonít come around to give her derrier under that skirt some shapes if going to show her from all directions. Also the shape of the thighs there need definition. And the back muscle of the thigh of her standing leg isnít correct (that concave line going in too much).
- that bending of her left wrist seems to be off somehow.(sharp and too far in the back)

And a friendly suggestion: would be nice to get a reply after taking time to give you feedback. It doesnít need to be long or perfect English at all, but it could stimulate to comment your work...

Last edited by zokana : 10 October 2012 at 03:21 PM.

11 November 2012
Originally Posted by zokana: - her breasts are extremely low for stretching the arms up, and also a bit large for a gymnastic girl.

I think that might be her ribcage we're seeing there.

11 November 2012
Originally Posted by pap87: I think that might be her ribcage we're seeing there.
Thanks! Yes, iíve realised that after posting, but then i thought that my misinterpretation might suggest that the shape wasnít very clear.

11 November 2012
rhythmic gymnastic

Hi everyone,
Goatrape and Zokana - thank you so much for your tips. I really didn't have time to reply your comments. I answer all replies everytime on the web, but this time my web connection was a sh..#&@. I was disconected each 5 minutes. Because of that, I wrote just a little frase and put the last image. But all changes I made was based of your comments.

Pap87 - Yes it's her ribcage. Thx

The idea is to show her on all directions. But I need to correct and finish many details of her dress and body.

Anyway thank you all for your comments.

Marcos Meneghetti
http://www.marcosmeneghetti.com
3d@marcosmeneghetti.com

11 November 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread