About 3Ds Max Particle Flow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
About 3Ds Max Particle Flow

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section, but this thread involves my questions about particle flow and I'm not sure which available category that goes under.

I'm working with 3Ds Max 2013's particle flow system and I'm currently stuck trying to figure this out. You see, I'm attempting to create a scene where flat squared particles are being dropped down from above, and once they collide with the plane below they will collectively form an image.

The very beginning of this video is an example of what I'm trying to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFYk_6eIi9g

I've already made it so that my particles are colored and will collectively form the final image, but the problem i face is that I cannot control their spawning method to be more "organized". Will provide some screenshot to show you what I mean.

In the youtube video example, the particles gets dropped in what I'd call an organized manner, each particle seems to land perfectly next to one another and never overlaps, but I cannot get mine to spawn evenly. This basically creates the problem where there will be gaps and holes in my final picture because many particles are stacking on top of each other and going to waste. I can solve this by changing my total amount of particles to a very high number but this doesn't seem efficient.

I've tried checking the "Distinct Point Only" option in Position Icon but that still causes some spawning points to be overlapped. I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say, I just want to figure out if there is a way to tell the particles (2D Squares) to not overlap each other when they reach the deflector at the bottom.

Old 09 September 2012   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread