How do I import UV's from Maya to Mudbox???

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
How do I import UV's from Maya to Mudbox???

I know it's kind of a noob question, but I'm really new to Mudbox (I use Mudbox 2013). Maya, however, have I got more experience with.

So here's the deal: I'm working on a T-rex that I've modeled all by my self in Maya (2013). I've created and edited UV's for it, but HOW THE HELL DO I GET THOSE UV'S INTO MUDBOX!?!?(excuse my frustration)

I haven't found any tutorials on this exact topic, so therefore I'm asking you guys to help me out on this one!

Old 09 September 2012   #2
If you export the geometry as fbx, the uvs should come with it automatically. Is that not happening for you? If not, could you give us some more info, maybe a screenshot or two?

- Neil

Old 09 September 2012   #3
UVs should import fine, be it via OBJ or via FBX. You may notice your UVs 'dissapear' when you subdivide in Mudbox, but just enable 'Subdivide UVs' in you Smooth Mesh options in Mudbox.

Alternatively, just use the Fil > Import UVs in Mudbox with your base lvl 0 active in Mudbox and bring in updated UVs at any time

Old 10 October 2012   #4
Sorry for the late reply :(

But I solved the problem. I think I exported the model as an OBJ-file, then chose "send to Mudbox", and then with the object in Mudbox, I just clicked "import UV" and chose my OBJ-file. And that brought my UV's into Mudbox!

Old 10 October 2012   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread