Wacom Cintiq scratch screen solution

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
Wacom Cintiq scratch screen solution

I posted a solution on my website for dealing with scratches on the screen of a Cintiq. I have gotten thousands of hits over the last few months, to the extent that i am the number one return on Google for "scratch Cintiq". It is clear to me that many people are looking for a solution.

The basic idea involves removing the thin plastic layer that coats the glass screen.

http://www.yjstudios.com/blog/2011/...om-cintiq-21ux/

Also, I feel like Wacom should take responsibilty for their scratch issue which they have been trying to cover up for some time. I recently heard that the new 24hd screens also have a problem ( see above link in comments section). If anyone has a way to get an article written about this so we can put pressure on them to deal with it please tell me.

08 August 2012
I knew there was a conspiracy LOL.

Honestly I didn't

I do wish it were a more fair competitive market for tablets tho.

08 August 2012
They once had a large message board on this topic which they purged. Fact.

Also, there is a little known company policy that anyone who even mentions the word "scratch" in any context whatsoever must do 50 pushups on the spot!

( that last part I made up, but my general point remains: for $2000 a product should last for a while, and they should be upfront about the issues)

{QUOTE=CKPinson]I knew there was a conspiracy LOL.

Honestly I didn't

I do wish it were a more fair competitive market for tablets tho.[/QUOTE]

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by CKPinson: I do wish it were a more fair competitive market for tablets tho.

i completely agree.

does the 22HD have the same issue? i was considering getting one and modding the base for use with an armature like this:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...utions/MA220MB/

08 August 2012
You can buy screen protectors for them, I use a Nushield one. Also be aware that worn down nibs are the main cause of scratching.

08 August 2012
This plastic layer is probably the reason for the offset of the curser to the tip of the pen?

08 August 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread