Is Digital Fusion good for small res animations?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2002   #1
Is Digital Fusion good for small res animations?

I'm producing a short animatic sequence, which uses still images, movies and short clips together to form a rough example of how a cinematic sequence would run. Can anyone tell me if Digital Fusion is a better software package for preforming this that After Effects?

After Effects is very frustrating when it replays previews out of sync. There must be a more reliable program out there for doing this animations.

Old 02 February 2002   #2
Fusion

In my opinion, I would not use Fusion to do editing. (but that's just me.) I find it VERY good for putting the final touches on renders or animations, doing compositing and colour correcting. If you need one program for editing and final touches, then I would use After Effects.
It really depends on what you are trying to do. What I would suggest it bringing your work into Fusion, rendering out your images, and then use Adobe Premiere to piece it together. Hope this helps.

cheers

Old 02 February 2002   #3
I have used it in the past for animatics, from digitized storyboards. I'm a tad biased now that I work for eyeon, but it is possible.

The trick would be to use primarily the time line editor, as this will let you "cut" back and forth between 2 layers fairly effectively.

The added advantage over an edit app, is you can animate effects, and pans etc, fairly easily.

Old 02 February 2002   #4
Hmm, sounds like the difference result-wise between Digital Fusion and After-Effects isn't that great. After-Effects can animate effects okay as well, can't it?

Got to admit, moving keys on a graph 1.5cm high on the screen sucks somewhat. Digital Fusion offers a much more generous amount of space.

Old 02 February 2002   #5
Yes, AE can do the animations as well.

It all comes down to personal preference.

Old 01 January 2006   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread