WOW - Mists of Pandaria - Cinematic Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
WOW - Mists of Pandaria - Cinematic Trailer

This is online for about 8 hours now.... but i have not seen a thread here.
Or... i was just blind and did not find it (sorry if so)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYX...player_embedded

- Alex

www.abalakin.de

08 August 2012
Best Kung Fu Panda trailer ever!

Why, exactly, was he using a sharpened stick instead of the giant blade he had, you know, right there in his hand? Actually, this was pretty dull for a fighting scene. No suspense, no fear, no impact. But there was sniffling and spitting, so I give it that.

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by Artbot: Best Kung Fu Panda trailer ever!

Hehe, indeed.

If only the game was half this entertaining.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

08 August 2012
I liked it, hypes up the game and the teamwork aspect really well to me, that game was never my thing but I can see the appeal in it. Its not about the fighting, but fighting against and alongside online friends that's key to the game imo and this trailer nailed that aspect. Had a surprisingly subdued palette too which is nice for a change although my eyes were finding it hard to focus on aspects because it blended together a lot.

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by Artbot: Best Kung Fu Panda trailer ever!

Why, exactly, was he using a sharpened stick instead of the giant blade he had, you know, right there in his hand? Actually, this was pretty dull for a fighting scene. No suspense, no fear, no impact. But there was sniffling and spitting, so I give it that.

This stick / spear is way longer as his sword and it offers some great fighting abilities.... makes sense to me

www.abalakin.de

08 August 2012
a blizzard cinematic with... HUMOR?!

I don't play WOW, but this is the best cinematic I've seen Blizzard make in years. Its so different from all the dark, gritty, boring stuff they usually do. Game trailers today try too hard to look badass and forget to convey fun.
Linkedin
"You do modeling? ...but you're too ugly."

08 August 2012
Skidooosh!

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: Hehe, indeed.

If only the game was half this entertaining.

Haha, I think that after every WoW trailer.

08 August 2012
I forgot to actually comment on the trailer.

It looks fantastic and I like how the characters went from typical roaring, angry, all out fighting to goofy confused looks by the end. Especially the orc's reaction. My favorite parts of the past trailers has always been the player characters and not so much the big boss guys.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

08 August 2012
Quote: a blizzard cinematic with... HUMOR?!

I don't play WOW, but this is the best cinematic I've seen Blizzard make in years. Its so different from all the dark, gritty, boring stuff they usually do. Game trailers today try too hard to look badass and forget to convey fun.

Could not agree more

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by razorbjc: a blizzard cinematic with... HUMOR?!

i agree, that one is alot better then the cataclysm cinematic because its different.
i really like how they matched the stylized look of the game and chars in the game to a high res cinematic, great work.

08 August 2012
Wow! It's looks amazing, and to be honest blizzards WoW trailers have been awesome since the start! Loved BC, loved WotLK... Cata was okay. But Now, I'm done with WoW, Thinking of going Guild Wars 2, Great game. And The panda Expansion looked disappointing... but I do think that the trailer looked amazing, would love to know how they did it.. Especially the hair/fur! I really need to learn how to make good realistic hair/fur on animals! Because I love doing them in CG but can never get the hair to looks that amazing! But just started working with hair farm, and loving it! Great job blizzard, sorry the game doesn't look as interesting and enticing as the trailer, but again great work! Always love seeing you cinematics!

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by razorbjc: a blizzard cinematic with... HUMOR?!

Although it is masterfully done, it is not what I expected. I like that dark and gritty theme. From a personal point of view, this one is definitely not at the top of them all. Lich king cinematic still has the throne.

ugh... pandas.... it just says it all.

08 August 2012
Quote: Especially the hair/fur! I really need to learn how to make good realistic hair/fur on animals! Because I love doing them in CG but can never get the hair to looks that amazing! But just started working with hair farm, and loving it!

They just opened a workshop specializing in hair from someone who works in the cinematic team at....Blizzard!

http://workshops.cgsociety.org/courseinfo.php?id=301

08 August 2012
Jack Blacks cameo was awesome.

Thread Closed share thread