Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 07-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
Rezonation
portfolio
William Tammsaar
Tallinn, Estonia

Mapping questions

As you can see my model is halved down the middle. I did this so i could do the following-
I have a 1024*1024 texture limit on the model and i would like the guns texture to be higher resolution, to this end i halved it so i could essentially "mirror" the texture to the two sides of the gun. I sadly am having trouble finding any adequate documentation to do this, can anyone help?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
Mrkat
"mostly harmless..?!!"

portfolio
Ken Beyer
Freelance 2D/3D
United Kingdom

Send a message via ICQ to Mrkat Send a message via AIM to Mrkat Send a message via MSN to Mrkat Send a message via Yahoo to Mrkat
You're not really mirroring the UVW's as such, you're mirroring a UVW'd mesh. So.. simplest way (without using any modifiers) is to detach or delete one half of the mesh along it's length and the make a linked duplicate (Alt+D), then "Ctrl+M", followed by "y/x/z" to mirror the dup across an appropriate axis. That's your basic mesh set-up. All you then need to do is UVW map one half of the mesh and jobs done.

Incidentally, you might want to merge some of those islands together, right now you've got a lot of separate parts that don't really gain you anything by being separated like that.

Last edited by Mrkat : 08-01-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:51 AM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread