ZBrus4R4

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2012
ZBrus4R4

Pixologic just announced ZBrush4R4 and it's looking pretty sweet.

Go see for yourself.

07 July 2012
Wow and it is already out?

07 July 2012
New topology tools, a grid system, TransPose enhancements, DynaMesh enhancements, and it's all a FREE upgrade for registered users again! Such a deal!

07 July 2012
pixologic always has lost of surprises of there sleeves

07 July 2012
The biggest surprise for me was not having to wait for a cleverbridge email.

07 July 2012
Looks great. Does the UndoHistory mean an end to incremental saves for ZB projects? I wonder how long it will take me to trust it completely.

07 July 2012
Great update. Lots of fun goodies to play with.

07 July 2012
Originally Posted by Ordibble-Plop: Looks great. Does the UndoHistory mean an end to incremental saves for ZB projects? I wonder how long it will take me to trust it completely.

It's only ten thousand actions, so I'd imagine on a longer project you'd hit the cap. Plus, it's probably best to have iterative saves as insurance against file corruption and the like.

07 July 2012
Ready right now. WHAAAT?
Pixologic know how to impress, that's for sure.

07 July 2012
is zbrush 64bit yet?

07 July 2012
Originally Posted by ndeboar: is zbrush 64bit yet?

No, I'm sure they would have announced it if it were. From their knowledge base

"ZBrush 5 is going to be 64-bit. No release estimate is available at this time."

I had been hoping it would be now, but alas no.

07 July 2012
Still using 4.0 here, skipped the other updates, do I NEED to deactivate zBrush 4 or CAN I deactivate it, to install this fantastic update ?

07 July 2012
Quote: Step 1: Deactivate ZBrush (Only applies to users of ZBrush 4, 4R2 or 4R2b.) Launch your existing copy of ZBrush 4.x and use the Zplugin >> Deactivation >> Web Deactivation button to deactivate it. This is not necessary if you are upgrading from version 4R3 or from a version that pre-dates ZBrush 4.

Yep,

Incredible update. Looks like we will be retopoing in Z and just tweaking the result in a standard 3d app after, if at all. The mesh insert looks mindblowing. Loads of features here. Well done Pixo!!!

07 July 2012
Cool

Looks incredible as ever, can't wait to 'play'...I mean work with it ;-)

07 July 2012
At this rate of innovation, by year 3000, Pixologic Zbrush R7000R2 will have a sphere as a holigram. We then use our hands and fingers to pull the sphere into a head, a helicopter, a city or village. With full tilt and pressure sensitivity, the harder we pressed our fingers against the "holigram clay", the more it presses in. After we build our characters and a village, we can then walk through the village ourselves along with the characters.

The resolution of the holigram by then would be millions of times greater than today's retina display. And after you build a necklace, you simply move the necklace to the character's neck the same way as you put it on a real person. The necklace will just simply fits or worn to the character because of the advanced physics. By then, the 3d manipulator, the Wacom tablet, and the left, middle and right mouse buttons will all be obsolete.

Last edited by rock : 07 July 2012 at 04:06 PM.

Thread Closed share thread