Vray for Maya Flickering

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2012
Vray for Maya Flickering

Hi guys,

Please forgive me if this has been addressed before. I've seen the question asked a few times before, but with seemingly no viable solution.

Is there any way to render moving objects within Vray for Maya without flickering?

Thanks a lot for any help,

lowercase

07 July 2012
Hi lowercase,

I'm using vray with 3ds max, but I suppose that things work the same way in both applications. So, flickering in animation occurs in most cases because of bad/inappropriate AA an GI settings. It's a quite general answer, but so is your question, so I'd advice you to give some info about your vray setup and the actual situation in your scene.

Greetings,
A.

07 July 2012
You can find allot of usefull info about this on the chaos group forums

07 July 2012
Hi aandronov,

Well, first of all, I was wondering if it was at all feasible to render animations without flickering, regardless of settings, with Vray for Maya.

I'm not using any specific settings for my scene right now... I'm trying different combinations of irradiance map, light cache, and brute force as primary and secondary GI bounces, but they all end up flickering a lot.

I saw a tutorial that suggested that I pre-render the scene using irradiance map for primary bounces, so that it could blend together light samples from preceding and following frames, but that did not work either.

Are there any specific settings that you recommend? I'm not too knowledgeable with lighting and rendering. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

07 July 2012
Oh really, CHRiTTeR?

Mmk, I'll go take a look. Thanks!

07 July 2012
Okay, thanks a lot for your help guys.
I think the Chaos Group forums has the information I'm looking for.

Thanks

07 July 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread