Modo is behaving badly! WHite screen on startup

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2012
Modo is behaving badly! WHite screen on startup

Hello.

I have been using Modo for about over a year or so now, and i am just now getting this issue, and i wan wondering if any one had any ideas on how to solve it. I have a I7, 12gb ram, ATI HD 5870 graphics card, and its on on a Asus laptop. Modo was running fine up until the other day.

I started Modo up as usual, and my viewport screen is all white. Its like the programs fine, but it is just all white. I can even make objects and open up files, its just that i cant see anything! And today i tried to open it up, just to see there is no viewport at all.

Has anyone ever had these issues before?
Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Oh and btw, my Maya wont open anymore either.

07 July 2012
mmhmm it seems an opengl failure (the main 3d window is OpenGL).
Have you upgraded your video drivers? I had a same problem with my home computer after a video driver update.

Hope beeing helpfull.
flavio

07 July 2012
Originally Posted by flavietto: mmhmm it seems an opengl failure (the main 3d window is OpenGL).
Have you upgraded your video drivers? I had a same problem with my home computer after a video driver update.

Hope beeing helpfull.
flavio

I didnt update my drivers until AFTER the problem. My windows action alert center suggested that i update the drivers, which i did recently. The issue still remains. I think im just going to delete and re-install. Power is off, due to a violent storm in my area, so i cant access my installation files. Hopefully i can get this resolved soon!

07 July 2012
So the problem has been resolved. It was a problem with the driver that i installed. I let the website determine what driver i needed, for my specific card. That driver was causing the problem. I downloaded the beta driver, and everything works fine now.

Thanks!

07 July 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread