Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Works with the Head of Technology to architect, develop and maintain new and existing production tools and supporting modules in 3dsmax, Maya, and other software used by our facilities, using primarily maxscript, python and mel.
Responsibilities also include automating the use of Flowline, our proprietary, Academy Award-winning simulation software -- connecting it to our asset management system and creating an optimized workflow according to long-term and production-specific needs.
Additional Skills That are a Plus:
- Design, build, and maintain software using a variety of languages, tools, and 3rd-party packages in a team environment
- Ability to work with, troubleshoot and extend propriety code written by other members of the team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent Python/Mel scripting knowledge
- Confident knowledge of Python
- Experience automating complex processes of scenes that consist of a large number of assets.
- Production experience with computer graphics application software: 3ds Max, Maya
- VFX or Games development production experience with a deep understanding of pipeline based workflows from start to finish including but not limited to production and delivery deadlines.
- Excellence in problem solving
- Documentation skills.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to handle high stress environments
- Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types
- Additional C++ and Max scripting experience, as well as basic knowledge of the API, SDK of any 3D packages, Linux experience
- Qt, PyQt knowledge
- Knowledge of relational database design and implementation
- Development experience with digital media formats, media viewers and media architectures as related to the computer animation and/or visual effects production.
- Knowledge of compositing applications, Nuke preferred.
- Familiarity with any other computer graphics related software not listed above
- Understanding and experience with client-server and other multi-tiered system environments.
Scanline VFX specializes in creating complex effects for high end feature film and commercials, with studios in Los Angeles, Vancouver, Munich and Dusseldorf. Currently working on "Man of Steel", "Iron Man 3" and several others. Past films include "The Avengers" Battleship", "Super 8", "Journey 2", "Immortals", "Hereafter", "2012", "300", "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian", "Iron Man", "The Invasion", and "Poseidon"
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio to:
jobs_van (at) scanlinevfx.com
No PHONE CALLS - Please
We are unable to return materials, so please don't submit originals.