Intuos 5 vs Cintiq

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2012   #1
Question Intuos 5 vs Cintiq

Hey guys: Thought I had my choice down but not sure now.
I have used Intuos 3 and 4 (Sold my 4 and still have my 3). I am leaning towards the new Intuos but really like the idea of the Cintiq- I have never used one.

For me that's a lot of money.

The Intuos is portable.

And I have to say I am still not completely used to drawing on the Intuos- I have a tendency of wanting to rotate it and tilt it only to have it slap me in the face when I realize the line is continuing in a different direction.

What is your guys take?

Old 06 June 2012   #2
Originally Posted by CKPinson: I am leaning towards the new Intuos but really like the idea of the Cintiq- I have never used one.

Don't buy one without trying it first. Especially if you're considering the smaller model which is way too small for most user's preferences.

Old 06 June 2012   #3
thanx. I have the medium one. Managed to yank the large 5 out of the box at best buy and feel it out. I will definitely be going large if I go this route. Still looking into cintiqs although the only place that I've ever seen them as at campus when I was still in school. Been several years, was probably 3 Gen back of cintiq. Anyways. I really am torn, honestly could use both granted the cintiq lives up to my expectations. Thinking of keeping my med intuos as a roadie and getting the cintiq for home cuz its not portable at all right?

Old 06 June 2012   #4
Talking cintiq

Get the cintiq..! cintiq's are the way to go for just about all digital professionals now. you'll wonder why you ever bothered w/ an intros, after using the cintiq.

~wolvercat

Old 06 June 2012   #5
I really wanna try one out- that's a lot of money for me to spend on this item. I could justify it more if it was built into a laptop or even an all-in-one. But 2.5k- Heck, even if it was wireless-? is it? at any rate, before I pluck down this kinda cash I wanna test it out- have some peers that have the older ones and am trying to persuade them to bring em in one day.

Old 06 June 2012   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread