Question about HarryPotter effect

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Thread Tools Display Modes
  06 June 2012
Question about HarryPotter effect

May I ask that how plugins/software can make those light fluid above?
Is that realflow?

Can I do it with TP/PFlow?
  06 June 2012
I'm nearly positive they are practical effects footage comped in. Foam and shaving cream like liquids lit up in post.

I know I've looked at the same shots as this and they disappear before they hit the ground.
VFX Artist -
  06 June 2012
but can I use cg application to replicate it instead? and How?
What is the keywords to search if I want to read the tutorials about it?
  06 June 2012
without a fluid solver i would look into pflow and keep apart.
have a driver event with a few particles and spawn many into a new event. then use a keep apart with negative force in the new event and point to the few particles event. you will end up getting clumping. i used that technique on the show house before. didn't even need a blob mesh around.
0:34-0:40 you see some of it.

and here is a still:
  06 June 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.