|06 June 2012||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2002
metaSL Tips and Tricks (Round 2)...
This is a continuation of my thread here.
Tip #1: Load all metaSL shaders that ship with 3ds max into the map Browser:
• Close 3ds max.
• From any install of 3ds max that ships with metaSL (2010, or later, IIRC) you should be able to do the following (only confirmed in 2011-2013):
• Navigate to the \\[3ds max root]\[mentalimages\Nvidia]\MSL\ folder (mentalimages/Nvidia folder will depend on the application version)
• Open the mill_toolbox.tbx in a text editor
• Copy all the contents.
• Navigate to the \\[3ds max root]\[mentalimages\Nvidia]\Config\ folder (mentalimages/Nvidia folder will depend on the application version)
• Open the MaxMetaSLNodeTexmap.tbx (I would recommend making a backup copy of this)
• Paste the copied contents from the mill_toolbox.tbx.
• Save the modified MaxMetaSLNodeTexmap.tbx.
• Open 3ds max.
• Open the material map browser.
• Open the metaSL maps.
Result: You should now have access to the majority of the metaSL data from the Map Browser. You can build new metaSL shaders and connect to the Material to Map Conversion metaSL node to use the directly in the viewport or for rendering. If you wish to take these nodes into mental mill SE for further editing or for realtime shader conversion you can do so by selecting the Material to Map Conversion node and from Slate menu choose Material > Export As .XMSL File...
"The Evil Monkey hiding in your closet."
Last edited by PiXeL_MoNKeY : 06 June 2012 at 05:48 PM.
|06 June 2012||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|