Characters for My New Animation (WIP)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2012   #1
Lightbulb Characters for My New Animation (WIP)

Greetings everyone! I'am now starting with my new animation and I have the characters settled. Here are the very first version of my characters. Any comments are welcome here. I am only a student now and there must be some problems with my work. If you find some problems or have a better idea, please reply me! Thank you for your visit!

Something about my new animation:

Title:
You are (Not) Alone (provisional)

Plot:
After the "Apocalypse" in 2050, the world is gone and all creatures on Earth, humans, animals, plants, and even virus are vaporized. However, in the ruins of Beijing, China, a girl named Ji Mo survives from the "Apocalypse". She lives with her friends: one is a sports car called "Little Angel", the other is a teddy bear named "Chuang-tzu". This animation tells a story about one of her days -her only mission is to survive...

Characters:
Ji Mo: A Chinese girl living in Beijing, survives from the "Apocalypse". She is (or maybe) the last human on Earth. In order to survive in this deserted city,she has to search for suplies and fight with the endless loneliness and helplessness.

Chuang-tzu: A teddy bear. It is Ji Mo's favourite toy and her good friend.

Little Angel: A sports car (it is a concept car designed by my self:Lamborghini Concept: Angel) Ji Mo drives it to travel through the Beijing city and, of course, it is Ji's good friend.

Background:
In the year of 2038, humans find a new planet which is suitable for humans to live on. Then, humans try their best to move to that planet and they forget all about Earth. They exhaust the Earth's resources to build spaceships and the environment is totally ruined. Then in 2050, humans meet their punishment - the "Apocalypse"...This time, humans are exterminated by their endless greed, desire and ambition...

These pictures are rendering test for Ji Mo and her bear: "Chuang-tzu",looking forward to hearing your comments!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JM-sign.jpg (82.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg JM-studio02.jpg (87.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ZhuangZi-Sign_2.jpg (54.6 KB, 8 views)

Old 05 May 2012   #2
Wow, this looks really good.

The only critique I can really give, is that the bear's fur looks like it doesn't receive shadows where the girl is holding it.

Apart from that, it looks amazing. I'll definitly be following your progress so that I don't accidently miss the end result.

Old 05 May 2012   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread