Using Bouju, and tracking large scenes.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2012
Using Bouju, and tracking large scenes.

I was wondering, would Bouju be good for lets say for example:

I use a camera to record downtown los angeles. I zoom into the skyline, and zoom out. and pan the camera a bit. What if I was to create some extra buildings to add to the skyline? What would I have to do? I watched a few tutorials on the program just tracking simple things like the ground. But I wanna know how they can track huge scenes.

And can it be done using c4D?

05 May 2012
I don't know if boujou can do a zoom track, but I do know Syntheyes can, that and synth eyes is a shit ton faster. All that aside, if you can, i would shoot the plate at a larger resoulution, and do the zoom in post. it makes the track unstable, and pretty often breaks beyond a simple solution if you do one, so if you can do it in post I would.

Also, it sounds like you are doing a destroyed city thing, I would suggest doing 2d tracks, if you can, for some of the assets. that may be an easier way if you do a zoom. After effects can do it, but mocha can do nicer ones.

05 May 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread