magazine subscriptions!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2003   #1
magazine subscriptions!

Does anyone know what the best 3d magazine is, on the market? i live in great britain so one in my country would be best.

Old 11 November 2003   #2
Well, 3dWorld has pretty good general coverage and it's from your country ...

Old 11 November 2003   #3
3D World is probably the best. I've also enjoyed several issues of CineFX (http://www.cinefex.com/) for serious testimonials and coverage of major films. My copy this month has the latest Matrix movie on the cover.

Old 11 November 2003   #4
I believe Digit is a British publication. It's got great reviews, product coverage, tutorials, etc. And they usually give software away with each issue, which makes it all the more valuable. It's not 3D specific (meaning you'll get reviews of Photoshop, Particle Illusion, etc.), but that just makes it one of the most well-rounded CG magazines out there.

www.stevewarner.com

Last edited by Steve Warner : 11 November 2003 at 01:06 AM.

Old 11 November 2003   #5
Definitely 3D World. Not only do I like the magazine, but also the CD content (especially the 3D Buzz VTM's).

I've read Computer Graphics World in the past, but at that time (1997 or so), it was more CAD oriented, so I wasn't as interested.

I used to like 3D Design/3D Magazine when it was published, but alas, it's gone now.

And I just got a free 6-issue subscription to Keyframe with my LW8/DFX+ bundle from DMG. I got the Nov/Dec issue with it, but I haven't read it yet, since it just got here today!

Old 11 November 2003   #6
3D World is awesome, Cinefx totally rocks (but is a little expensive) and Keyframe is also great for LW users

Old 01 January 2006   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread