ikRP rotate disk problems

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2003   #1
ikRP rotate disk problems

I am having problems with the pole vector and plane indicator. I have weighted my character and know when I go to move the leg it still bends in an awkward direction. Can somebody tell me what is wrong. Is it because my character is weighted, was I suppose to add the ikRP handle before I weight?

Old 11 November 2003   #2
when you draw the leg joints make sure they are in a straight line in the front view and that there is a slight bend from the side view..

create your aim object, snap it to the knee joint, move it forward, this way when you create the poleVector constraint the knee should not rotate, then you are good to go.

do the weighting first.
.j

Old 11 November 2003   #3
It's also a good habit to set a preferred angle on your joints (ie arms and legs) before you go putting ikHandles on them. This will also help avoid flipping probs.

Old 11 November 2003   #4
Thanks guys for your help again. Okay I came across another problem and I am getting sticky on my arm ikRP handles. I did a group so I wouldn't mess with the ik handle. Do you know how to get rid of it. The sticky is enabled on the foot. I have turned it of for the arm but I still get the sticky problem.

Old 11 November 2003   #5
I found the problem to the IK handles for the arms. You have to parent the IK handle to the colar bone. The IK handle needs to be in the hiearchy. Where the foot being sticky is not in the hiearchy.

Old 01 January 2006   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread