Looking for Partners/Collaborators

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2012   #1
Looking for Partners/Collaborators

**Firstly I apologise to the mods, if this is posted in the wrong place or is inappropriate. if so pls let me know. This is not a vacancy**

OK, I'm a 3D artist, I've worked on a number of different types of projects, I'd say I'm a generalist. Most of you know how hard it is to get into one of the large companies, and I'm guessing like me, you take jobs here and there.. And don't really get paid very much, in relation to the effort you put in.

In my own case, most of my work has come from "Middlemen" who set up small agencies, they've got no skills, but they've got the ability to sell. So they approach big companies who want work done, sell them a yarn about what they can do, then go hire freelancers like us, who will often work for peanuts, do a bang on job, and get very little.

I find this pretty annoying, so here's the idea.. I want to partner up with a few people who have some decent skills, that can complement my own, work as a collective, and if these "Middlemen" who've got no skills, except the gift of the gab can do it, we as a small group of artists can do it too.. There are ways..

So, I'm looking for people who can work with Autocad, Solidworks, Compositors, Real flow, 3DSMax and Maya.

If you like this idea and are UK (London) based, then PM me, and lets see if we can come up with something.. If you believe your skills are decent, but you haven't managed to get into framestore, or the other biggies.. And are sick of being ripped off.. This is one way to keep doing what you love and earn something for it.. So drop me a PM if interested.

Old 04 April 2012   #2
Try collab subforum.

Old 04 April 2012   #3
Originally Posted by mister3d: Try collab subforum.

Can't seem to find it under main forums.. Perhaps I'm being dyslexic..

Old 04 April 2012   #4
I've posted this thread, because I believe, collaboration is the way to survive in a tough industry rather than each of us competing with each other.. So I would like to hear from people who have the same ethos.. When you PM me, give me a little background on yourself.. Serious applicants only.. Thx

Old 04 April 2012   #5
http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73
or, in jobs postings forum, as it's related to providing a job. If you pay 1 dollar for each participant, it will qualify i guess.

Old 04 April 2012   #6
Thx mister..

Old 04 April 2012   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread