CGTalk > More Forums > Click Here for: > pmG messiah
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 11-18-2003, 09:00 PM   #1
ajmotley
Veteran

Messiah Purchase

I am very interested in purchasing Messiah before the end of the week. However I would like to know exactly how to use it with C4D. I looked up on the web and saw the file that needs to be installed, but I still could not find any info on how/where to install it and once installed how to use it. I have downloaded the demo, but don't see the hooks there either.
Can someone clear this up for me? Also how is the tech-support for Messiah, I couldn't find a phone number to call. Is there help only through things like this forum and e-mail?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:06 PM   #2
dfaris
Rig This

Hey ajmotley

I use messiah with C4D and the plugin is easy. Its just like any other plugin for C4D you just copy the messiah plugin folder into the C4D plugin folder. Then when you want to send a model to messiah for animating you just assign a tag to that model.

Then when you are done boning and animating in messiah it will show up in C4D.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:20 PM   #3
ajmotley
Veteran

Thanks

Hey dfaris,
thanks for the fast response. I missed the plugin folder in the Messiah download. I will give it a shot. Do you have any input on the tech support question? Thanks again.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:24 PM   #4
fwtep
--------

Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by ajmotley
Hey dfaris,
thanks for the fast response. I missed the plugin folder in the Messiah download. I will give it a shot. Do you have any input on the tech support question? Thanks again.

Tech support is here, the mailing list, IRC, and smoke signals (though we had a lot of interference with that in the past few weeks).

As for C4D, there's information in the docs about how to set it up. Look in General Info-->Using messiah with 3rd party.

Fred

Old 11-18-2003, 09:29 PM   #5
dfaris
Rig This

tech support is fantastic, I would tell you to join in on the irc chat there are always people in there talking and the guys from PMG stop in and help people out also. In the past it took them a long time to fix stuff but I think thats because they were working on the API also. That is done now and they are pretty good about tracking down a problem and fixing it.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:33 PM   #6
ajmotley
Veteran

Cool, I'm sold. Thanks guys for the help.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:41 PM   #7
dfaris
Rig This

NP if you have more questions fwtep is one of the PMG guys I'm sure he will answer them for you.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:00 PM   #8
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread