Battle Chasers, Animeidiot (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2003
Battle Chasers: Idiot's COLORS

Found this on my cpu (forgot I had did it lol) and decided to touch it up for posting. Colors done for practice.

Pencils and inks by: Joe Madureira, and Tim Townsend

Colors: ME

11 November 2003
i am a HUGE MAD fan. this is awesome color work. very sweet stuff.

11 November 2003
amazing

very very creative work man..i really like it...

11 November 2003
great ! i love Joe Madureira's work.. i remember when he did Battle Chasers and Uncanny Xmen.. what's he up to these days ?

web/animation designer

11 November 2003
dude or dudette(don't want to assume anything =p), this is cool! i was looking at the pic and i was like, "that looks like mads stuff" and then i read the post and did a neo, "woah". hehe, anyways, awesome colors man. off topic, doesn't that one on the top right with the purple eyes look like the swamp thing? =p

11 November 2003
ok, so its been my desktop since my first post, and after looking at it for a while, i'm not liking the red glow on the empty eye socket. but thats all thats bothering me about the pic.

11 November 2003
I love Joe Mads dynamic, albeit manga influenced style, but what the heck happened to the guy...did he just fall off the planet or make enough money to cash out or what...anyone seen anything new from him?

nice color job man...I think the foremost demon on the lower right reads a little flat though.

11 November 2003
first of all, It's amazing! beautiful color and interesting characters. I really appriciate your style.

and my opinion is:

the orange light maybe reach the back guys a little bit. so if I were you, I would add some orange light on the left and right back guys' face. don't you think so?

I hope that I could give you the different point of view of this pic.

11 November 2003
Last i heard he was doing artwork for a game called dragonkind

11 November 2003
Hey nice coloring job! Although I do agree with MosaFacku about the red glow thing. About Joe Mad- Dragonkind was canceled due to the company going under. There is a site dedicated to Joe's work. The last thing he's done is some Street Fighter comic work for Udon. www.joemadfan.com

11 November 2003
He's making game artwork now. Havent seen anything come out from the company he's working for, but that's pretty much what i've heard. I also have the comic from Udon where he made just a couple of pages of backstory for Street Fighter. Pretty cool stuff, he should be doing the whole Street Fighter comic, the guy's pencils make the characters come to life visually, and i mean like really animated for 2d pics, and only a handful of comics do that for me.

Amazing coloring job, i actually thought it was straight out of the comic, just touched up a bit. Awesome work all around.

One thing though, are you going to touch up the gloves at all? seems so out of place, not as detailed as the rest of the picture.

just my 2 cents.

11 November 2003
man I miss battlechasers so much :(

Incredible coloring , I am a huge fan of your stuff.

11 November 2003
hehe, looks good ! real madureira style.
my only MINOR crit: why had u used different glow colours vor every face/monster ?
anyway thats a great job.

11 November 2003
nice and saturated

Thread Closed share thread