IMage seuqnce in NUKE

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2011   #1
IMage seuqnce in NUKE

how do I render an image sequence in nuke? I got the write node and it looks like this.
I doesn't work

http://www.flickr.com/photos/566263...49881/lightbox/

Old 12 December 2011   #2
You should check out the included pdf manual called "Nuke Getting Started". Look at chapter "Compositing Basics" > "Rendering final output"

Here is a direct copy/paste from the manual:
Quote: Using the Nuke frame number variable
What’s that ”####” bit in the filename, you say? That’s the variable that tells Nuke where to place the sequential numbers or frame numbers. You only type one name to represent the image sequence, but Nuke will create one image file for each frame in your shot.

So, in this case, you entered “first_comp.####.exr” but Nuke will render these files for frames 1 through 5: “first_comp.0001.exr,” “first_comp.0002.exr,” “first_comp.0003.exr,” “first_comp.0004.exr,” and “first_comp.0005.exr.” You can change the number of hash marks in the variable—##, ###, #####—to change the number of padded digits for the frame numbers.

An alternative way of marking frame numbers is the Printf (%0d) notation. In this case, the same frame numbers would look like this: "first_comp.%04d.exr". Instead of the number of hash marks, with the printf notation you would change the number before d to adjust the number of padded digits, for example "%03d" or "%05d". You can choose which style you want to use by setting Sequence Display Mode option on the Appearance tab of the Preferences.

Old 12 December 2011   #3
Smile

thanks.
I will use the manual from now on

Old 12 December 2011   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread