Create ray traced 3D Text logo design online, free!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2011
Create ray traced 3D Text logo design online, free!

For the first time ever online, it's possible to create a Logo Design using ray traced 3D technology. Try the online graphic design software at Fatpaint.com, it's free to use!

Here are some images I made, what you think?

Last edited by marcanti : 12 December 2011 at 09:23 AM.

12 December 2011
Guess it would make more sense to post this on a forum, where people can NOT create 3D text, rather then on a forum where they CAN =)

12 December 2011
Perhaps even the 3D savvy people would find it useful. It only takes a minute to make these 3D text design. I don't think you can do it faster yourself using any other software, besides, Fatpaint has many other features that may be useful for you guys.

Last edited by marcanti : 12 December 2011 at 11:54 AM.

12 December 2011
It's not "free to use".

"Only users with the Fatpaint Pro subscription, have access.
Get a Fatpaint Pro subscription, it's just $9 USD. Do you want to go Pro now?"

Also, what's the point of this java app on the web, versus it being a stand alone app....just another layer of inefficiency for the user to deal with in my opinion. That "please wait" handprint would probably rotate a city block by the time you finished the logo.

Last edited by eworc : 12 December 2011 at 04:52 PM.

12 December 2011
Originally Posted by marcanti: what you think?
I think it's not 1995 anymore.

12 December 2011
It is free to use... You may choose to pay for some extra fonts and other graphical content. It is not a show stopper if you don't pay because 1/3 of the fonts and graphical content are free and since the are 930 fonts, around 300 are free.

It is not a Java app, it's a Flash app. I use java for the backend and a couple of non visual applets for doing some stuff Flash can't handle.

Have you tried to render logo? it only takes a 20-30 seconds to render depending on the image size, I have intel 2600 cpu doing the rendering. This kind of graphics is something that normal people can't do because of the complexity of 3D modeling tools, but Fatpaint is about to change that.

Tell me how someone without any knowledge of 3D modeling otherwise can make such graphics?

The interface design is not perfect, but hey, I'm doing the best I can and I'm a programmer... And it is something that can easily be changed later when I get more resources and can hire designers. The app is free, I'm not making a dime front it. What ever it earns goes to paying for the servers.

Graphical apps are the hardest type of apps you can make online, because of the many limitations we have to deal with. But it is the future... Just like with the first desktop graphic tools, they were'nt perfect either, its an ongoing process...

The future is for apps to be online... Fatpaint starts as fast as 6 seconds, you have hundreds of fonts, thousands of cliparts and public domain images right there for you... You can even use your Wacom tablet.

Just try to make a slogan and display it on a t-shirt... You'll be able to do it in a couple of minutes... Now try the same on Photoshop... It dosent even handle multiples pages, ray traced 3d graphics or display graphics on merchandise.

Last edited by marcanti : 12 December 2011 at 01:36 AM.

12 December 2011
I dont think many ppl on here will be impressed with that quality, let allone find it usefull.

12 December 2011
marcanti, I apologize for being flippant. I'm sure there are people that would utilize what you are providing. No, I didn't get around to the render step, so I have no idea how long it takes to render, I was only refering to the time it was taking from going step to step. To be fair, I was going through a company firewall at the time which has a rather pathetic pipe...so that probably accounts for how slow everything was taking.

Quote: But it is the future... Just like with the first desktop graphic tools, they were'nt perfect either, its an ongoing process...
The future is for apps to be online...

I respectivley wish that isn't the future.

I hope you have success with it though. Take care.

Last edited by eworc : 12 December 2011 at 06:00 AM.

12 December 2011
Agreed, applications and files on-line 24/7 poses a serious security risk to one's intellectual property and with hackers abound i for one am not going to go that route ever.

12 December 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread